Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

REALLY Need Help From The Exsperts! / 1920's NSDAP?

Article about: OK, so I'm looking to purchase this Extremely rare Cotton armband of an NSDAP Kreisleiter Party Political Leader in charge of a County 1928-33 / Yeah, it will completely wipe out all the sav

RMD
    ?

Default REALLY Need Help From The Exsperts! / 1920's NSDAP?

OK, so I'm looking to purchase this Extremely rare Cotton armband of an NSDAP Kreisleiter Party Political Leader in charge of a County 1928-33 / Yeah, it will completely wipe out all the savings I have for collecting for the next 7 months, and then some, but if this is authentic, I have to have it

Concerns that I have / The strip running through center of armband. On the original, the texture appears to be zig-zig ^^^^^ Whereas, the one I'm looking to purchase, the texture of the center strip appears as horizontal lines ------- Also, when compared to the original, the strip in general on the one I want seems thinner, as the white disc holding the swastika seems larger.

This will be a BIG purchase for me. Any and all opinions will be greatly appreciated. I really want to buy this. Please, any help?

First photo is of the original Cotton NSDAP Kreisleiter Party Political Leader in charge of a County Armband / 1928-33
    ... Second, third and forth photos are of the one I'm looking to buy.

THANK YOU!!!!

REALLY Need Help From The Exsperts! / 1920's NSDAP?REALLY Need Help From The Exsperts! / 1920's NSDAP?REALLY Need Help From The Exsperts! / 1920's NSDAP?REALLY Need Help From The Exsperts! / 1920's NSDAP?
    Last edited by RMD; 05-11-2019 at 10:38 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement REALLY Need Help From The Exsperts! / 1920's NSDAP?
    P
    Many

Although I am no expert in this area, this suspicions seem to me that it's just happened over the years naturally, and I believe it is authentic. Good luck on getting a good deal on this sexy thing.

RMD
    ?

Thanks for the input, Leutnant.... Indeed, this armband is a desirable piece..

Take care...... ..... .. .

RMD
    ?

Oh, and I forgot that tomorrow is Easter. So, everyone have a nice, safe Easter

Hello Leutnant Winters,

Have you handled many of these? What is it that makes you believe that this authentic?

Mart

?

I'd want way better photos than that before I bought a rare piece. Center stripe is narrower than the original, the arms of the swastika look short...

RMD
    ?

Hey there, Martin.. Thank you for the reply.

.. No, actually. I haven't handled a real armband since I was maybe 12 years old. Many moons ago
    Why would I feel this may be authentic? Well, the guy selling it has a shop, says that you can come in and inspect it before purchase (He is in another country) He says he guarantees it for life to be authentic, and he has sold many other items to people. / Now, yes, I realize that none of this is solid evidence for an authentic piece. Maybe, it's just that I so badly want to be real. I mean, a 1920's era armband... Wow.

Anyway. Take care.

RMD
    ?

Hey, Brig.. Thanks you for the reply.

.. Yes, my observations on the center stripe was not only thinner, but the texture is also different. The original has a ^^^^^^ texture, whereas mine has a ------- texture. / But, I was also figuring that this is very old, maybe the Swaz has changed shape and color a bit, from heat or improper storage? Maybe it was worn in more than one street battle. But yes, I see what you are saying about the Swaz. Was just hoping that maybe a pro on armbands, like Bob, might see this and be able to just say, yes, this is the real deal.

You think that I should ask for better photos first? Sounds like good advice. Thanks again.

Take care

?

A word of mouth guarantee is worthless...you need it on paper. Word of mouth means, when you go to claim it, it's a 'he said, she said' situation.

A) You need bigger/better photos at the very least. I am not a cloth guru, and if it's bad there may be some guys who can tell it just with those photos, however I doubt many will feel comfortable saying good to small images. Particularly on something like this...they will want to see stitching

B) Don't shop with emotion. You seem very excited about this piece, because of the prospect it may be from the 20's. You even state how badly you want it to be real. Take a breath, do your research. There are plenty of pre-33 items to start with that are fairly easy to learn about quickly...cap eagles, Party badges, etc. And they're fairly affordable (100 bucks or less). I have seen many a new collector burned by emotion and excitement early on...I, too, was one of them. Luckily, my burns were fairly cheap, generally under 50 or 100 bucks.

C) Find a field/focus. If you want to collect a bit of everything at first and narrow it down later, as many of us did and do, there are plenty of pieces that won't break the bank to get your feet wet. Unless you want to focus on armbands, or pre-33 pieces, or political insignia...I wouldn't drop an entire half year's budget on a piece. But that's me

Hello RMD

My questions were directed to Leutnant Winters. I would like to know what he is basing his opinion on. My recommendation to you would be to not move forward on this until our forum experts weigh in.

Good luck,

Mart

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast