Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

SS wool kampfbinde / dealer reputation?

Article about: Greetings, I have found another SS wool armband w/ RZM tags from ww2germanmilitaria.com. How does it look to you? Does anyone have any experience with this dealer?

Default SS wool kampfbinde / dealer reputation?

Greetings, I have found another SS wool armband w/ RZM tags from ww2germanmilitaria.com. How does it look to you? Does anyone have any experience with this dealer?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS wool kampfbinde / dealer reputation?
    P
    Many

?

Everything looks authentic except the black ribbon along the border (wrong materials). This appears to be one of the borderless armbands that have an RZM label on the reverse that are a topic of debate amongst collectors. It has been either embellished or updated with black ribbons on the border at an uncertain point in its history.

Bob Coleman postulated that these borderless examples were used in a reserve capacity but no solid consensus has been reached that I am aware of. This type of armband was wrongly identified in the Pia book, “SS Regalia”, as being specifically for the overcoat.

Here is another example:
    SS wool kampfbinde / dealer reputation?SS wool kampfbinde / dealer reputation?

@DrCMH could you send me a private message when you have a chance? Thank you.

?

Quote by captain20052019 View Post
    @DrCMH could you send me a private message when you have a chance? Thank you.
    I’m afraid my mailbox is full and I would need to delete saved correspondence. The items I have saved are between former members that are no longer with us and have sentimental value that I don’t wish to delete at this time. My apologies.

MAP
    ?

A fine analysis Dr.! Learned something new today.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Agree with the above. Added stripes, which you can see because the thickness of the ribbed black material on the swastika vs the stripe is not consistent. The example DrCMH posted also proves this because these armbands were only 20 away from each other in the production run. They wouldn't have added stripes after just 20 armbands.

Quote by all1knew View Post
    Agree with the above. Added stripes, which you can see because the thickness of the ribbed black material on the swastika vs the stripe is not consistent. The example DrCMH posted also proves this because these armbands were only 20 away from each other in the production run. They wouldn't have added stripes after just 20 armbands.
    Thank you for your analysis. You are a true asset. This is the 2nd time you've saved me money on armbands. I truly owe you one. You as well, @DrCMH