Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

thought you guys would like to see armband

Article about: When I began collecting many years ago, a wool armband in condition such as yours was \\$3.00! Times and prices change. You have picked up a very nice original example of the political armband

Default Re: thought you guys would like to see armband

When I began collecting many years ago, a wool armband in condition such as yours was $3.00! Times and prices change. You have picked up a very nice original example of the political armband.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement thought you guys would like to see armband
    P
    Many

$3.00!!!! I must have gotten started a little while later after you!
    These were about $60-$75US....and that is perhaps 10 years ago I think when I got my example.
    $3.00!! WOW - where's my time machine!

Cheers!

Rob

Quote by lach470 View Post
    $3.00!!!! I must have gotten started a little while later after you!
    These were about $60-$75US....and that is perhaps 10 years ago I think when I got my example.
    $3.00!! WOW - where's my time machine!

Cheers!

Rob
    Everything is relative to the times. I began collecting in 1956. The average weekly salary was $40. Gasoline was .19 cents a gallon.
    There was an abundance of material and a shortage of collectors.
    So, the armband was about 8.5% cost of the average weekly take home gross(before the government got their share taken out of the check).
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by lach470 View Post
    Congrats Ewan.....my opinion is just what it is: an opinion. I guess it always comes down to what you want to pay. I've had mine for a while now and that influenced my take on the price....I didn't pay that much for it but then again that was quite a while ago. Prices have certainly changed in the last 10 years or so. Three piecers are the nicest you can get! You'll be pleased!
    Congrats on your new piece! Post some pics when it comes in!
    Cheers!

Rob
    cheers guys i will post pics next week when it lands rob mate i understand this one that started the thread is a four piece construction isnt it? and i have another pic below that is just made of three pieces as the swas is all one piece and not two am i correct here are these red party bands made in 1 2 3 4 piecers?? i payed £80 for the two below!

as i think my new one iam getting is made of 4 piece material and another one of mine below which is made of just 3 pieces the wool band white circle and one piece swas!

i have 1 3 and 4 i need a two piece one now i think ade showed a nice original 2 piece before!

cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture thought you guys would like to see armband  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2