MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Urgent Help Needed - Gauleiter Armband

Article about: Hello, I have been offered a Gauleiter armband for \\$600. I have two questions for the armband experts out there. Firstly, does this look like an original piece, and secondly, what is the cur

Default Urgent Help Needed - Gauleiter Armband

Hello,

I have been offered a Gauleiter armband for $600. I have two questions for the armband experts out there. Firstly, does this look like an original piece, and secondly, what is the current market value of such an example.

Many Thanks for your advice/assistance. Urgent Help Needed - Gauleiter Armband

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Urgent Help Needed - Gauleiter Armband
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum.
    We are happy to help you with authenticity, but we do not give evaluations here.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Armband looks to be original. But it is not Gau level, it is Ortsgruppenleiter armband.
    -TJ-

Drittescollector2020; According to the 1943 edition of the Organisationsbuch der NSDAP, p.28b The Ortsgruppenleiter’s armband has a 20mm wide golden Oakleaf braid whereas the Gauliter’s arm band has a 30mm Oakleaf Braid. That is the only difference between the two ranks. It doesn’t sound like much of a difference, but it’s enough so that the difference is readily seen when two examples are seen together. Looking at yours I cannot tell if the braid is 20 or 30 mm. Whichever one it is, it’s a nice looking one. Dwight

MAP
    ?

A nice reference page for these

Armband Identification Gallery

Another also just recently posted on the forum

Help with Armband
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Ouch! I made a huge mistake by not paying attention. Here is the correction The Ortsgruppenleiter had a 16mm oakleaf gold braid boarded by 1mm gold stripes. There was a gold star in the middle of the Swastika and the armband edges had a 2mm gold trim.

The Gauleiter had a 30mm gold oakleaf braid with a 3mm boarder, a star in the middle of the swastika and 2mm gold trim on the armband edges. I regret the error. Dwight

Quote by drmessimer View Post
    Ouch! I made a huge mistake by not paying attention. Here is the correction The Ortsgruppenleiter had a 16mm oakleaf gold braid boarded by 1mm gold stripes. There was a gold star in the middle of the Swastika and the armband edges had a 2mm gold trim.

The Gauleiter had a 30mm gold oakleaf braid with a 3mm boarder, a star in the middle of the swastika and 2mm gold trim on the armband edges. I regret the error. Dwight
    And Gau level has red color pipping than Orts level has blue color.

Here's example of mine Gau level Hauptstellenleiter armband to see the different of the colors:

-TJ-

I went through 30-page section of the “Politischer Leitung” this morning and I did not find any reference to a “Hauptstellenleiter.” But I did find this relative to the boarder piping
    Die Hakenkreuzarmbinde der Politischen Leiter der Ortsgruppe der NSDAP (einschließlich Betriebe) hat hellblauer Paspel; der Kreisleitung hat weißer Paspel; der Gauleitung; hat dunkelroter Paspel; und der Reichsleitung hat goldgelber Paspel eingefaßt.
    The swastika armband of the Political director of the local groups, including offices, has a light-blue piping boarder; the County director has white piping boarder; the District Director has dark red piping boarder, and the Empire Director has yellow-gold piping boarder. Oganisationsbuch der NSDAP, page 28 Dwight

Hauptstellenleiter (main department leader) rank introduced at 1936

In 1939 when rank system changed last time, ranks what indicate for Hauptstellenleiter could be:

Oberbereitschaftsleiter, Hauptbereitschaftsleiter, Gemeinschaftsleiter

With collar tabs and armband, it was possible determine exactly what position were in the party
    -TJ-

That is really interesting. I have two editions of the Organisationsbuch, 1933 and 1943, neither one has that table. Is the table you posted in the first section of the book? my 1943 edition, the one I most often use, has them on page 28c. Thanks for posting that. Dwight

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast