Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

26th Panzer division tunic/visor

Article about: Hello everyone, I recently won this 26th Panzer division officers tunic at an estate auction from a big time TR collector. This is a wonderful example of a Tailor-made tunic, made out of Ita

?

Default 26th Panzer division tunic/visor

Hello everyone, I recently won this 26th Panzer division officers tunic at an estate auction from a big time TR collector. This is a wonderful example of a Tailor-made tunic, made out of Italian cloth and a bullion eagle it would've cost the officer a fortune at the the time.

The 26. Panzer-Division was formed in September 1942 in Belgium from parts of 23. Infanterie-Division. It was transferred to Amiens, France in October 1942 for training and coastal defense and remained there until July 1943 when it was sent to Italy where it fought the Allied landings. Participating in nearly every campaign in Italy, it surrendered to the Allies in northern Italy at the end of the war.

The tunic itself is in great condition, aside from the interior which has suffered some critter damage. I'm very glad to add this tunic to my collection. As always thanks for looking and let me know what you think below!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 26th Panzer division tunic/visor   26th Panzer division tunic/visor  

26th Panzer division tunic/visor   26th Panzer division tunic/visor  

26th Panzer division tunic/visor  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 26th Panzer division tunic/visor
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

Congratulations on picking it up. One of the minority cases of the Panzer Regiment having the same numerical designation as its Panzer Division. The sweat shield in the cap gives me a little bit of pause, however.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

It certainly looks fantastic.
    Regards
    Santi

Sweatband and shield both look typical repro style to me, too.

A beautiful tunic!

Thankfully the moth damage is internal so when displayed you can't even see it.

?

Forgot to update you guys, sorry! Anyways, here it is on a mannequin! Recently got a map case that I'm gonna put on later this week, all I need now is a pair of binoculars
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 26th Panzer division tunic/visor