Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Afrika Korps Bagde real or fake ?

Article about: Hi I have the oportunity to purchase the Badge pictured but I have noticed differences in the eagle to other known Examples on the internet ,Can you tell if its real or a repro ? I am new to

I was just doing a quick search on the internet and noticed most arent marked With G.B.41 ,if anything most have no markings at all ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Afrika Korps Bagde  real or fake ?
    P
    Many

Quote by Viridian View Post
    I was just doing a quick search on the internet and noticed most arent marked With G.B.41 ,if anything most have no markings at all ?
    Don't make an assumption just because you can't find what you are looking for on google.
    Here is one marked with an "S&S", as well as one marked with what appears to be a M.RP
    Also, a pair marked "K&Q", for Klein & Quenzer.
    I am also aware that JFS manufactured shields as well.
    Ralph.

Afrika Korps Bagde  real or fake ?Afrika Korps Bagde  real or fake ?

The shield on the right is marked M.RP on the bottom left.

Afrika Korps Bagde  real or fake ?

The K&Q pair.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Don't make an assumption just because you can't find what you are looking for on google.
    Dead right!

Google et al are really good resources but there is a real danger of people becoming totally enthralled to the point that these search engines are seen as completely authoritative which of course they are not.
    Use them as a guide to further research through more specific resources not as a kind of Gospel

Whilst it is mostly possible to state that a particular maker did not produce a particular item I would struggle to think of any TR item about which you could say with certainty "these were never marked" or "these were always marked with"

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Danmark, I think I see a hint of an ‘S & S’ mark on the upper left reverse of your toasted adler shield..

Quote by Kohima View Post
    Danmark, I think I see a hint of an ‘S & S’ mark on the upper left reverse of your toasted adler shield..
    Yes, you are correct! ... thanks, I can see that now.
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2