Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

The Afrikakorps cuff title X 7

Article about: Hello. I have just been going through my grandad's war bits and bobs and have 7 Afrikakorp cuff titles. I'll keep one but wondered if the extras had any value, ( it looks like they do and I

Default The Afrikakorps cuff title X 7

Hello. I have just been going through my grandad's war bits and bobs and have 7 Afrikakorp cuff titles. I'll keep one but wondered if the extras had any value, ( it looks like they do and I understand no prices discussed on here ) and how I'd go about selling them, EBay or is there somewhere better !?

My Grandad served in the Royal Engineers from 1943 to 1946 in North Africa, and then Italy, and finally in Palestine. I assume he came by the cuff titles in 1943 in North Africa. He lived to age 96 and told me many stories of the war. Would adding some 'provenance' add any value ? I have various war memorabilia and could add photos and a bit of background.

I have lots of postcards collected in Italy during the war ( no writing on them ), mainly of Rome and Florence, I assume little or no value ? Do people collect stuff like that ? And I have banknotes collected in the various countries he passed through in 1943-1946. I'll keep these.

Any feedback much appreciated :-)

Front and Back photos attached, would that be enough to prove they are genuine. I can show my grandad's war record book and number and he has the same surname as me, which I guess would help.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Afrikakorps cuff title X 7
    P
    Many

?

Hi there, looks like a good one to me.

These are faked very- very often. You can try selling them on Ebay, sure. Or you can sell them on this forum. (Classifieds ads) I am sure there are some members who are interested in picking them up. Feel free to PM me if you decide.

Postcards with military depictions have value, sure. If they are postcards with the some landmarks or something, not so much.

Nice original cufftitle. You would have no trouble selling that on ebay (no Swastika & most on there are fake) or sell on here .I have an identical bring back myself Regards Paul.

That as Paul says is a nice original cuff title.
    If they are all in the same sort of condition you should have no problem achieving some decent sales on ebay
    All the best Doug

Thanks for the replies. Yes, they are all unused and in mint condition. A little scrunched up as they'e been in a bag for decades. There was also a US Army compass and some 'jungle knives' at my grandad's house but sadly they have been lost somewhere along the line.

?

Just curious, what kind of price range are you looking at for one? My brother is looking to get one, and I told him I'd get it for him and have him pay me back, since he doesn't know what he's looking at.

If you put them on Ebay, be very careful. About a decade ago, Ebay went all-out in favor of the buyer, so you have to be ironclad in your description and pictures. Sell each one individually, take several DETAILED photos, get the descriptions down to a T, etc. Scammers look at items with weak descriptions/pictures, buy them, then put in tickets with Ebay saying they didn't get what was advertised. If they get their way, they can get the item totally for free, or for a very reduced price. Also, take into account the Ebay fee (IDK what it's at now, probably over 10%) and shipping cost when deciding how much you want to sell for.

Alternatively, you could sell them on a site called German Militaria Collectables. I've bought a few things from there, never had an issue. I never sold anything on there, though, so I don't know what the seller experience is like. There's plenty of other legitimate collector sites that would welcome such beautiful pieces. You just have to find them.

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

They are original.

I would be more than happy to sell them for you at auction. Drop me a PM if you are interested. Selling at auction with a auction house such as Bamfords in Derby where I work is risk free for you.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!