Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Artillary officer tunic for review.

Article about: I bought this tunic from a member of one of the collectors forum. It has some good reviews and a few neg. The Neg. ones seem to come down that its a real tunic and the eagle and collar tabs

Quote by mercury View Post
    Thanks. I sent it back. The seller is upset and did not like all the neg posts he got on several sites. He told me to ship it back as no value or he would charge me. Saying he would get taxed. I can not ship it as no value if I have to go through my CC to get a refund that could cause an issue. Not sure but it sounds scammy. I did check the box that said it was a return so why would he get taxed? He said I was too rash and that I should have looked at it before I bought it. Maybe He is correct on the latter. But it looked not too bad in his photos. When I got it there were things I did not like such as no markings on the button backs. The sewn eagle that looks poorly done to name a few. If it was so righteous and he believed it why would he have a hard time taking it back?
    If you have seven days to inspect it, why would he have what sounds like a problem, with you returning it?
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Artillary officer tunic for review.
    P
    Many

Quote by SHEMP H View Post
    If you have seven days to inspect it, why would he have what sounds like a problem, with you returning it?
    I have no idea why he gave me an issue over the return. I think he was hoping I would not ask for opinions, I found that he posted that it was OK on the very forum I posted it on. I can not say he was shilling but it was rather curious.

Quote by SHEMP H View Post
    Hello,
    I have no dog in this race but my experience with hundreds of sellers tells me that if someone writes "7 days inspection", it's to show to the potential buyer that he's dealing with a real collector who accept the rule of taking back the item after a week. An ad with "7 days inspection" looks "safer", more serious, etc....it tells the buyer, "come bro, you're on friendly territory"...

Why the seller is not happy with this return ?
    The two more obvious answers for me.
    1) He found out (via forums) that his tunic was not what he thought it was and he's disappointed...
    2) it must be irritating to see a stinker coming back when you thought it was (finally) sold...

I do not know the seller of this tunic and i'm not saying that the answer #2 applies to him. These two answers come also from my experience of almost 40 years buying and selling WWII german artefacts.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2