Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Ausgehrock Der Spiess infanterie schule uniform

Article about: Here's my latest acquisition, A very nice early ausgehrock Der Spiess infanterie schule uniform. This was an old style tunic that was a carry-over from the Reichswehr. It differed from the o

Love yours too Todd !!!

Regards

Bob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ausgehrock Der Spiess infanterie schule uniform
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

Quote by Ullergaard View Post
    Todd thank you with helping me decide it was a good purchase always good to get a second opinion from a fellow rock collector and especially from someone like you who knows your way around these tunics always love your classy photo shots of your wonderful gems in your collection.
    Thank you my friend
    Thank-you for the kind words. You are always welcome.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

Brian, another spectacular addition! Congratulations on adding another fine tunic to the collection. I have to say that table is "sweet" you do have skills.

Regards, Al

Quote by Bob Lyons View Post
    Who has been a rather busy fellow....

Well done Brian, another fantastic addition to that amazing collection of yours, and to keep the lady of the house happy at the same time,
    ... inspirational !!

Great photos and another great thread !!

Best wishes

Bob
    Hehe thank you my best Australian email friend
    And I really appreciate it when coming from you Bob.. As I just wrote Todd who is the man when talking walking out tunics, you hold the same very high standard which I simply love. Love to see your collection over and over again
    My best to you mate

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Brian, another spectacular addition! Congratulations on adding another fine tunic to the collection. I have to say that table is "sweet" you do have skills.

Regards, Al
    Thank you Al!!
    I guess I was lucky how good the table turned out
    When I first started of with four piss yellow lacquered planks I did not expect it to turn out that good and the tunic is not that bad either

Quote by TWS View Post
    Great photos Santi!

However, I must point out those are depicting an Unteroffizier Vorschule, not an Unteroffizier Schule. An Unteroffizier Vorschule (UV) was a military prep school for young teenagers who were not yet regular soldiers. An Unteroffizier Schule (US) was for soldiers who were NCO candidates.

Here's a parade tunic for a cadre member at a UV and then a parade tunic for a cadre member at a US from my collection:

Attachment 1497823Attachment 1497824Attachment 1497825Attachment 1497832Attachment 1497826Attachment 1497827Attachment 1497828
    Thank you Todd for clarity on the difference between them.. I was started writing a looong thread with pictures of different shoulder boards showing the difference from the various schools... Great stuff and makes this thread so much better when educational stuff is putt forward.

Even though the thread is about the tunic.. I thought I would show some of the process with the table

Startet out with four piss yellow pine wood lacquered floor planks.. Sanded them down and built the base for the table..

The boards how they startet..

Next after sanded and base built.. Connected the boards to the base.. And then a nice pine wood table was there, but we have dark furniture so had to go to next step.

How it looked raw..

Then I burnt the table with my garden gas weed remover...

Then I mixed a solution of strong instant coffee and water.. Applied it to the table..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast