Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Brown AFRIKA cuff title with palm trees

Article about: Brown AFRIKA cuff title with palm trees. It appears to be unissued composed of a camel hair material with silver stitching, is 43 cm long and 33 mm wide. Cuff title appears to be very simila

Default Brown AFRIKA cuff title with palm trees

Brown AFRIKA cuff title with palm trees.

It appears to be unissued composed of a camel hair material with silver stitching, is 43 cm long and 33 mm wide.
    Cuff title appears to be very similar in stitching to the Type 2 in Sascha Weber’s book “Die Armelbander der Wehrmacht but with one significant difference. All the camel hair cuff titles in his book have a cotton cloth backing with a visible weave. My cuff title appears to be camel hair on both sides, no cotton weave visible.

Opinions welcome.

Brown AFRIKA cuff title with palm trees Brown AFRIKA cuff title with palm trees
    Brown AFRIKA cuff title with palm trees

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Brown AFRIKA cuff title with palm trees
    P
    Many

Looks fine to me.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I agree with Adrian, looks original to me aswell.

Yes, I agree too. I am not certain but I believe the difference in material is simply due to different manufactures and possibly that the unbacked material would be cheaper than the backed. I don't believe there would be any benefit in terms of durability when sown to a uniform because the uniform would wear out before the cuff title itself.

Here is one that I have to illustrate the difference you are talking about for the benefit of the thread.

Brown AFRIKA cuff title with palm treesBrown AFRIKA cuff title with palm treesBrown AFRIKA cuff title with palm trees

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 10-11-2020 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thank you all for the comments. I have also been running across references to felt Afrika cuff titles but none are referenced in Sascha Weber's book. I sent him a message to see if he as comments too.