Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Combat Tunics

Article about: I've been looking to purchase a tropical/summer tunic and have come across a few that caught my eye. I'm still fairly new and still getting used to collecting, but am starting to learn what

Default Combat Tunics

I've been looking to purchase a tropical/summer tunic and have come across a few that caught my eye. I'm still fairly new and still getting used to collecting, but am starting to learn what to look for with these tunics; However, some of these tunics appear strange to me (perhaps I've just never seen them before, as I still am new to collecting ). For the sake of not flooding the forum with threads I'll post any others here below, any opinions/info is welcome and very much appreciated!

Waffen-SS Tropical Tunic: This one really is a red flag to me as I've never seen one like it. I'm not loving the lack of collar stitching and the insignia, but I'd greatly appreciate any opinions or information of this tunic

Combat TunicsCombat TunicsCombat TunicsCombat TunicsCombat Tunics

(P.S. thanks again to everyone for all the help, I've only been collecting for around 2 years now so still have much to learn, but this forum has greatly helped me grow as a collector )

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Combat Tunics
    P
    Many

I believe most of these you see are Spanish Saharian tunic with tropical sleeve eagles added, however i have no ability to comment on the authenticity of this piece.
    Morris

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    I believe most of these you see are Spanish Saharian tunic with tropical sleeve eagles added, however i have no ability to comment on the authenticity of this piece.
    Morris
    Thanks for the info, I’ve never seen one like this and am kind of skeptical of its authenticity. Perhaps I’m wrong though, I’ve just never come across a Tunic like this

Not one I would buy and not the normal issue Waffen SS Sahariana tropical Tunic

?

Thumbs down

Look at the bottom front of the tunik - one side is about 2" longer than the other.
    I'd say it is a poor quality repro! Probably wouldn't even make a good reenactor.
    Sarge

I found this M43 Tropical Tunic on M43 DAK Wehrmacht tunic and have been wanting to get one of these for a while now. However, it's been re-tailored and the insignia has likely been added postwar. I've seen a few tropical tunics, as I've been looking to purchase one for a while now, but this one just looks a little bit different. Perhaps its because its been re-tailored? Also, the area around the collar tabs just look unusual to me. It's going for around $900USD, that would be a more than fair price typically, but does the re-tailoring hurt its value?

Combat TunicsCombat TunicsCombat TunicsCombat TunicsCombat Tunics