Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

CTF's Uniform Collection

Article about: Courtesy of my cross-town friend, a Panzer waffenrock for a reserve Hauptmann attached to a Panzerzug (armored train)--it is as mint as the day it was made:

?

wooow I've never seen so many mint tunics and waffenrocks in one place, I'm happy to see them here, thank you for sharing! amazing !!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement CTF's Uniform Collection
    P
    Many

pre 1940 Piped Walking Out. Top quality kersey with (on second level) three Romanian decorations for Military Virtue ( crossed swords for valor, officer class), awarded to this German Kav. officer three times. Last ribbon on lower right, Romanian Crusade Against Communism.

This Kav. officer, among other ribbons and badges awarded, has the I.C. 1st and 2nd class, Russian front medal, West Wall, Wound Badge, and an Assault Badge. All ribbons sewn to a backing cloth and sewn to Rock.

I am in contact with the Romanian Ministry of National Defense in Bucharest to see if they still have the W.W.II list of awardees to their former German allies. Three Romanian medals of Valor to one German officer is noteworthy. Let’s see what happens. I suspect some consternation in Bucharest will result.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CTF's Uniform Collection   CTF's Uniform Collection  

CTF's Uniform Collection  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

TWS
    ?

Another stellar piece from CTF!

Having worked with the Romanian Ministry, I doubt there will be any consternation of the PC kind. The challenge you may run into is motivating someone in the bureaucracy to get off their duff and do the work to look it up. If you do locate an individual with access to the archive, I would suggest sending a small "gift" to grease the wheels.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

A random view of my friends "WW2" room:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CTF's Uniform Collection  

Kav. 10 Fahnentrager Waffenrock. Kav. 10 was in Torgau, when the Russians met the U.S. forces. Torgau was heavily looted by the Russians, so little Kav. 10 items have surfaced.
    There was one Fahnentrager per regiment up until 1940/1941, when the Fahnentragers distinction appears to have stopped being awarded.
    (This one is also in the Waffenrock book):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CTF's Uniform Collection   CTF's Uniform Collection  

CTF's Uniform Collection  

?

Wow,that's one impressive piece of sleeve insignia.
    It must me mindblowing to view this collection in person as it is a real highlight on the forum.
    Thanks to CTF and you.

I have started a thread in the Imperial section showcasing my friend's Imperial Collection here:

CTF's Imperial Collection

Pz Lt 'rock:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CTF's Uniform Collection  

Hauptmann:

Absolutely beautiful!!!!!!

Bill

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast