Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

DAK Insignia: Vet Bringback

Article about: Hello folks. This is a (very) small grouping that I picked up a few months ago, but never thought to post. Its historical value far outstrips its monetary value. They were brought back by a

Default DAK Insignia: Vet Bringback

Hello folks.

This is a (very) small grouping that I picked up a few months ago, but never thought to post. Its historical value far outstrips its monetary value. They were brought back by a British veteran of the North African Campaign, although the seller was unable to provide any specific details for privacy and confidentiality reasons. They came straight from the vet's family, and have never previously been offered on the militaria market.
    The grouping consists of a first pattern Trophelm shield, and a pair of infantry captain's shoulder boards. They have not survived the intervening years fully intact, unfortunately. The rank pips on the shoulder boards are missing, although one can still see the outlines of them owing to the sun bleaching from them being worn. This is hard to pick up in person, let alone through photographs. I like to think that the veteran may have made cufflinks out of the pips, although that's pure speculation on my part and unlikely to be true.
    The Trophelm shield is nice and clean, without any rust or damage to the paint. All three of its prongs are snapped off; damage probably incurred when it was removed from the helmet.

Not a very eye-catching grouping, or a very large one. But still significant in my eyes, even if the stories behind the objects have long since been lost to time and memory.

Regards, B.B.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAK Insignia: Vet Bringback   DAK Insignia: Vet Bringback  

DAK Insignia: Vet Bringback   DAK Insignia: Vet Bringback  

DAK Insignia: Vet Bringback  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK Insignia: Vet Bringback
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

I'd try and find a set of four pips and replace them, nice group.

Quote by CBH View Post
    I'd try and find a set of four pips and replace them, nice group.
    Have thought about doing just that. The small things are always the hardest to find, though.

B.B.

CBH
    ?

Very true, and to find a set with similar wear etc. Or you can say he was demoted lol.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Have thought about doing just that. The small things are always the hardest to find, though.

B.B.
    Forum sponsor lakeside traders have a set for you

https://www.lakesidetrader.com/item.php?ID=19010
    "Per Ardua"