Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

DAK Pz Regt 8 shoulder board for review

Article about: This is a cut board from Afrikakorps Pz Reg 8. To my inexperienced eyes it look much like boards in Tom and David's book but I do not have an eye for boards yet and I suspect it takes a lot

Default DAK Pz Regt 8 shoulder board for review

This is a cut board from Afrikakorps Pz Reg 8. To my inexperienced eyes it look much like boards in Tom and David's book but I do not have an eye for boards yet and I suspect it takes a lot of practice. I am still hunting for DAK panzer boards. Is the board original? Is there anyway to tell if the 8 is a post war add on? Is a cut unit marked Pz board worth $300? That's right, I don't know prices either. Ask me about panzer track links and German buckles and I can give an educated answer.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAK Pz Regt 8 shoulder board for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK Pz Regt 8 shoulder board for review
    P
    Many

Hmmm. When it comes to cyphers like this its always a gamble. I imagine if you were to look under the number and saw some fade lines that may help, but the board itself doesn’t look faded much at all.
    The 8th panzer regiment is pretty well known for fighting in Africa, so anybody with a panzer shoulder board and a number 8 could put them together.
    For $300, I wouldn’t go for it, but I’m a cheapskate

Default Going with it for a Pz display.

I decided to purchase it. I understand about the cypher but I want to put together a DAK Panzer II display and want some accessories. Of course I will remove the ice cleats.

TWS
    ?

The base shoulder strap looks good (officer's wore shoulder boards). With metal devices it can be a tough call. Look for even aging of the devices to the strap and bend it down around the edges of the device and see if there is an imprint from them having been on there for a long time; but even that is not conclusive. However, if there is mis-matched aging and no imprint, then one should be suspicious for sure.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

As long as you’re happy with it, thats all that matters. It sure is a cool one!