Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fallschirmjager FLIEGERBLUSE , need opinion

Article about: Hello friends. What is your opinion about this tunic? I looked a lot of photos, I could not find an identical tunic. There are similar ones, but not like that. Shoulder straps do not match &

?

Default Fallschirmjager FLIEGERBLUSE , need opinion

Hello friends.

What is your opinion about this tunic? I looked a lot of photos, I could not find an identical tunic. There are similar ones, but not like that. Shoulder straps do not match "Gefreiter".
    I understand that this tunic was not complete and insignia added. Homemade constructor

Many thanks.
    Viktor

Fallschirmjager  FLIEGERBLUSE , need opinion

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmjager  FLIEGERBLUSE , need opinion
    P
    Many

?

Hi Viktor,
    The shoulder straps and collar patches are all correct for a Gefreiter (I suspect you are thinking of an Unteroffizier, with tresse added to the edge of the Schulterklappen).

I also suspect you are correct in your guess that certain insignia has been added post-war; most probably including the Fallschirmschützenabzeichen - a simple effort to ‘tart up’ the bluse and increase saleability and (above all) cost!

All the best,
    Rob

Agree with Rob (above), the shoulder straps are correct for this rank.

Being an RB numbered Fliegerbluse it would have originally been issued without the collar twist cord piping, but the airman has
    decided to add to the look of his tunic by adding the piping after it left the factory. (which was reasonably common amongst the
    troops).

Bob

?

I was Not correct about shoulder straps. I look at my book "Luftwaffe".

Thank you for your responses. I looked at a lot of photos of soldiers and I found a cord on the tunics. I don't like that the tunic is very new and not neatly sewn. And your opinions and your thumbs up on adding the badge confirm my opinion. I think I will refuse to buy for this price. I found another tunic with a price 2 times cheaper but without "Fallschirmjager abzeichen". I have a lot of "Fallschirmjager abzeichen", and I can put on the tunic myself, the badge that I like.
    Thank you friends for your opinions.
    My best wishes to you
    Viktor

?

As your own research has shown, the shoulder straps are correct for a Gefreiter (and all other grades of gefreiter - Obergefreiter, Hauptgefreiter and Stabsgefreiter).

The illustration you show includes the single tresse loop, added to the base, denoting an Unteroffizier Anwärter - an aspirant NCO.

An Offizier Anwärter would wear a single, aluminium twist cord in this place.

All the best and I look forward to seeing your new Fliegerbluse soon!
    Rob