Miro-militaria.com - Top
Display your banner here

Fallschirmschutzen cloth badge

Article about: Hello, I have a question about a similar German parachute badge in stof as discussed in this thread. I bought it some months ago from a reputable dealer but started doubting the item because

Default Fallschirmschutzen cloth badge

Hello, I have a question about a German parachute badge in stof as shown in the attached pictures. I bought it some months ago from a reputable dealer but started doubting the item because the orangish yellow of the eagle. Other pieces are yellowish yellow. I smelled the piece and it does smell old. Not sure whether that says anything?
    Are there experts here that can verify whether my piece is or looks original? I still have to do the backlight test.
    I can post more pictures if necessary.
    Thanks in advance for any help provided.
    I am new on the forum so please bear with me when I make mistakes in posting or uploading pictures.

Note: there is an example that looks similar as mine, also a padded version (see link)
    OPINIONS PLEASE *** Fallschirmschutzen cloth badge
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmschutzen cloth badge   Fallschirmschutzen cloth badge  

Last edited by Falmschirm77; 09-16-2023 at 08:44 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschutzen cloth badge
    P
    Many

Default additional closeup pictures

Hi I have made some additional close-up pictures that may be helpful in authenticating this item.
    Hope to receive a response soon.
    Thanks Bas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmschutzen cloth badge   Fallschirmschutzen cloth badge  

Fallschirmschutzen cloth badge   Fallschirmschutzen cloth badge  

MAP
    ?

No expert on these but I don't think I've seen one where the eye of the eagle is in silver thread. Maybe others have seen this???

I would search the forums for similar examples. Might take a bit of digging.

The book I uses is Tom Durante's "The German Luftwaffe & Heer Paratrooper Badges". A very exhaustive tome.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you very much for your reply to my thread. You have a keen eye for details, I never noticed that mine has an oval wreath in silver thread. So I learned something new! I did see other examples on the net with oval wreath in silver thread, but you specifically mentioned the eye of the eagle. In the coming days I will look if I can find more examples. Hopefully others will also shed some light on the subject of this post.
    Also thank you for the reference, I was looking for books on the subject but couldn't find them. Do you also happen to know literature on luftwaffe/falmschirmjager shoulderboards and/or color tabs? This also falls into the purview of my interest.

?

The silver threaded eye of the eagle is not something I have ever seen on a cloth badge or in any photo. It draws attention because that little bit of silver over the eagle looks off. Possibly a mistake with embroidery machine.

I do not know that there are any really good books that relate to cloth insignia of the Fallschirmjäger or even the Luftwaffe for that matter. The writings by Karl Veltzé encompass every part of the equipment of the Fallschirmjäger but it is separated into three volumes. This link should have all of the collar and sleeve insignia that were worn by all areas of the Luftwaffe.
    Military Collar Tab & Shoulder Board Identification Gallery

Hello, Thank you for your reply. I found a similar abzeichen in stoff (cloth para badge) on WAF (see picture attached), so I don't think it's is a production fault. I reached out to the member that posted his badge but received no response yet.
    I am curious from which dealer he bought his piece, this may explain something.
    It appears that there is not much literature on falmschirmjager color tabs, shoulderboards and cloth parachute badge, in any case not that is going into details of all the variants and details into distinguishing fakes from original pieces.
    Thank you for sending me the nice link. I like the overview of tabs, shoulderboards, etc.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmschutzen cloth badge  

Here is another example from the dealer I bought my piece. So it seems not a production fault.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmschutzen cloth badge  

I have found another example on Lux military