Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Feldgendarmerie Gorget

Article about: I think the comment on that thread relates only to the Polizei gorget. It would be nonsense to suggest that Assmann did not produce any original Gorgets as there are Gorgets illustrated in t

?

I think the comment on that thread relates only to the Polizei gorget. It would be nonsense to suggest that Assmann did not produce any original Gorgets as there are Gorgets illustrated in the original period Assmann catalogue. I don't think anyone could seriously suggest that Assmann didn't make Feldgendarmerie Gorgets during WW2, there are far to many around with iron-clad provenance.

The exact positioning of the centre prong differs from gorget to gorget. Not sure how important this was. The purpose of it was that it would slot into the tunic buttonhole to stop the Gorget swinging about if the soldier leaned forward. However, I have seen plenty of photos with the soldier leaning and you can see the Gorget has swung out so obviously the prong wasn't always - if ever- used.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldgendarmerie Gorget
    P
    Many

Redcap: Thank you so much for the info.

Luke

Quote by Redcap View Post
    I think the comment on that thread relates only to the Polizei gorget. It would be nonsense to suggest that Assmann did not produce any original Gorgets as there are Gorgets illustrated in the original period Assmann catalogue. I don't think anyone could seriously suggest that Assmann didn't make Feldgendarmerie Gorgets during WW2, there are far to many around with iron-clad provenance.

The exact positioning of the centre prong differs from gorget to gorget. Not sure how important this was. The purpose of it was that it would slot into the tunic buttonhole to stop the Gorget swinging about if the soldier leaned forward. However, I have seen plenty of photos with the soldier leaning and you can see the Gorget has swung out so obviously the prong wasn't always - if ever- used.
    I thought it was strange that Assmann would not have produced gorgets, but I read that tread in haste while at the antique shop, and not being knowledgable enough, I passed on the gorget I was looking at. I'm Not heartbroken about it. But I would like to learn more about them. I'm not familiar with Assmann's catalog. At least my thread is now getting some discussion; albeit a day late and a dollar short lol

?

The period Assmann catalogue has been reprinted many times and should be easy to find, you can probably pick one up cheap on Ebay. It is mostly uniform accoutrements- buttons, rank badges, shoulder strap mounts etc though there are some awards such as the Luftwaffe badges for Pilot , Observer etc and some Gorgets. The illustrations are great quality so the catalogue is worth having.

Don't beat yourself up over missing the Gorget in the shop. The market is flooded with good quality repro Gorgets with the Assmann "A" mark so you may not necessarily have missed a good one.

I have just looked through my copy of the Assmann catalogue and although I was not able to find a Feldgendarmerie gorget listed inside, there is one included on the cover.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I can't copy the pages about Feldgendarmerie from my book: "Ringkragen und Brustschilder im Dritten Reich" (with a German text),
    but the pages 551 through 587 deal with gorgets for the Feldgendarmerie from the army, airforce and as worn by Waffen-SS.
    In the section about Waffen-SS I show one which was actualy worn by a member from the SS (Albert Neis) with the manufacturer's marking from Assmann.
    Further there is shown another original one with the "A", as well as a guaranteed original gorget for the German airforce also with the "A".
    Many photographs show these gorgets in wear.

?

Default Assmann Gorget

Hello everyone.
    I would have loved to hear your opinion on the following Assmann Gorget. Can this be classified as original?
    Unfortunately, I'm not that deep into this topic, so thank you in advance.
    I found this at a well-known and recognized dealer

Hank

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2