Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

First Model Tropenhelm (Afrika Corps) Opinions Please

Article about: This is the first item I have been able to add to my collection since COVID started. I am hopeful I made a good choice. It looks good and feels good in hand. It also looked good compared to

Default First Model Tropenhelm (Afrika Corps) Opinions Please

This is the first item I have been able to add to my collection since COVID started. I am hopeful I made a good choice. It looks good and feels good in hand. It also looked good compared to other threads and sites during researching. This came out of the estate from the daughter of Russell W. Amundson, Headquarters Company, 1st Battalion, 359th infantry Regiment Signals Corps. He landed in Germany on D-Day and was wounded near St. Lo France on 3rd, July, 1944. No provenance on how he acquired it though, bummer.
    All thoughts and opinions are appreciated. Thank you for looking.
    John

First Model Tropenhelm (Afrika Corps) Opinions PleaseFirst Model Tropenhelm (Afrika Corps) Opinions PleaseFirst Model Tropenhelm (Afrika Corps) Opinions PleaseFirst Model Tropenhelm (Afrika Corps) Opinions PleaseFirst Model Tropenhelm (Afrika Corps) Opinions PleaseFirst Model Tropenhelm (Afrika Corps) Opinions PleaseFirst Model Tropenhelm (Afrika Corps) Opinions PleaseFirst Model Tropenhelm (Afrika Corps) Opinions PleaseFirst Model Tropenhelm (Afrika Corps) Opinions PleaseFirst Model Tropenhelm (Afrika Corps) Opinions PleaseFirst Model Tropenhelm (Afrika Corps) Opinions PleaseFirst Model Tropenhelm (Afrika Corps) Opinions Please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First Model Tropenhelm (Afrika Corps) Opinions Please
    P
    Many

Additional Pics.
    John

First Model Tropenhelm (Afrika Corps) Opinions PleaseFirst Model Tropenhelm (Afrika Corps) Opinions PleaseFirst Model Tropenhelm (Afrika Corps) Opinions PleaseFirst Model Tropenhelm (Afrika Corps) Opinions Please

Jan
    ?

Thanks for the post, love "Tropenhelms".

I´m not sure but isn´t the fact that the prongs go through the lining a sign that the shields have been added later?

Best, Jan

Thank you Jan. I am not able to answer your question. I have seen pics both ways but not any mention of it.
    John

?

one thing, it is a real beauty!!