MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Fuhrerhauptquartier Cufftitle

Article about: Hi Everyone, Found this the other day and wondered what other collectors thoughts and opinions would be. Looking at all the 1st pattern examples there would seem to be a couple of variants a

Hi, just seen some posts have been left so in answer to your questions baerchen, if you look above the A in Afrika in the emedals example a similiar deviation is visible in the stitching that I believe you are trying to highlight...if you are highlighting the loose fibres its called fraying and it happens when cloth gets old. You say the item looks subpar quality so perhaps show an item that you believe is of better quality and highlight why this example is so awful. Do you have any hand embroidered bullion items to help qualify you as an expert? Which of the 14 FHQs (depending on criteria)were you posted to as I am guessing you must have been there to comment with such authority. You say "get a high quality one"...perhaps you can show us which "one" you are talking about? The first pattern cuff was not a pretty item which you would know if you had bothered to research the subject. If you read an article on wehrmacht awards by Col Scott Pritchett you would also know why many officers purchased their own better quality items. If you think the item is subpar perhaps contact The Royal School of Needlework (studio@royal-needlework.org.uk) to clarify what subpar looks like....this cuff would have looked stunning back in the day on a Navy or ss uniform .
    Same applies to CBH..."just another mom and pop made FHQ"...like you have 5...please post away...show your embrodered items rather than post on a subject you clearly know nothing about or have any experience in....add to the discussion...show me some "reason" that might change my mind...or better still some proof...do you have any? Has anybody so far?
    I take it from your mocking overtones with regards to the RZM and "variations at the top" that you imply they like to be treated just the same as everybody else and wear the same clothes in spite of history showing us the complete opposite. Perhaps we could have your definition of "non regulation" mentioned in Ades post or has he been having to much "cool aid" by suggesting some items werent covered by the RZM? Is your history so poor you wish to argue against known fact? images for review purposes only.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fuhrerhauptquartier Cufftitle   Fuhrerhauptquartier Cufftitle  

Last edited by Combatzone; 05-12-2024 at 01:43 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fuhrerhauptquartier Cufftitle
    P
    Many

Another hand embroidered bullion item for comparasion..cant wait to see your examples guys.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fuhrerhauptquartier Cufftitle   Fuhrerhauptquartier Cufftitle  

Last one can be found at german daggers .com...is this a pretty cuff? Do you think Alikat got good advice when compared with the last example? Should the German daggers version should go in the bin because its not the same as the middle example which has solid provenance to a named individual with a well documented career? I did mention that there are a couple of variants in my first post and both seem to be accepted as original.

Fuhrerhauptquartier Cufftitle   Fuhrerhauptquartier Cufftitle  

Fuhrerhauptquartier Cufftitle  
    Last edited by Combatzone; 05-12-2024 at 02:49 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2