Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Gebirgsjäger Artillerie M43 Tunic

Article about: Hello folks. After braving the heat at W&P yesterday, I came back with a lot more money and a lot less militaria than I was expecting to. I saw many things of interest, but it was simply

It's done!

This afternoon, I returned from work to find a package waiting for me. It contained everything I needed to complete the mannequin setup, and here it is. I am aware that Gebirgstruppen would not have generally worn Y-straps, but as I have them I felt it better to make use of them. I was unable to utilise the belt hooks I purchased a few weeks ago, due to the eyelets in the tunic not being large enough to allow them to pass through. This does mean the belt sits rather low and wide, but I have compensated by adding my stielhandgranate to the mix!

Gebirgsjäger Artillerie M43 TunicGebirgsjäger Artillerie M43 TunicGebirgsjäger Artillerie M43 TunicGebirgsjäger Artillerie M43 Tunic

This marks the completion of my first major project. I have safely say I have never been happier with a part of my collection than I am with the way this turned out.

Regards, B.B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gebirgsjäger Artillerie M43 Tunic
    P
    Many

You've captured the right look B.B. Those two ammo pouch with the light brown replacement locking strap makes me think of a Yugo/Serbian repair.

MAP
    ?

Looks great BB. (still need an EK1 )
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Looks great BB. (still need an EK1 )
    I'm working on it!

B.B.

Still looks good with the Y straps.

Looks awesome BB - i'm not surprised you are very pleased with the way it looks. The M24 (difficult to find) really looks great.
    Nick

It's all come together much better than I thought it would. The only issue I had was surface rust on the metal parts of the Y-straps. I gave them a coat of Renaissance Wax to keep them from staining the tunic. The same is true of the M24; a coat of wax to contain the rust, and some tissue paper between the head of the grenade and the tunic fabric.

It's a shame I can't add more gear. A downside of the way I have it displayed. I'll be adding a taschenlampe to it when it turns up. I wish there was a way to attach it to the Y-straps, as I don't want to put any more strain on the buttons.

B.B.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7