Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gebirgsjäger and Jäger insignia items for review

Article about: Hi, a couple of pieces of insignia for review. Firstly a pair of unissued early war period Gebirgsjäger shoulder straps.

?

Default Gebirgsjäger and Jäger insignia items for review

Hi, a couple of pieces of insignia for review.

Firstly a pair of unissued early war period Gebirgsjäger shoulder straps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gebirgsjäger and Jäger insignia items for review   Gebirgsjäger and Jäger insignia items for review  

Gebirgsjäger and Jäger insignia items for review   Gebirgsjäger and Jäger insignia items for review  

Gebirgsjäger and Jäger insignia items for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gebirgsjäger and Jäger insignia items for review
    P
    Many

?

Default Jäger arm badge - Bevo type

Secondly, a Bevo type Jäger arm badge, possibly issued and worn?

On another note, if anyone has any knowledge as to when the Bevo type badge began being issued I would be interested to know. I always imagined that the embroidered types were earlier but it would be good to know if anyone has such knowledge.

The Jager Divisions were renamed as such (from Light Infantry - wearing White Waffenfarbe I think?) to Jaeger troops wearing Grass green Waffenfarbe from July 1942, but for some reason by the Spring of 1943 some Jager troops were apparently still not wearing the Jager arm badge (at least in the Kuban pocket) according to a thread and pictures showing Jager troops in the Spring of 1943 on another Forum.

I wonder whether this was because the arm badge (of all types) was either not yet authorised by Spring 1943, or because of the unique circumstances of the Caucasus campaign followed by the Kuban bridgehead situation, i.e troops in continuous action at the far flung edge of Wehrmacht operations with more pressing supply issues than an arm badge!

Regards, Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gebirgsjäger and Jäger insignia items for review   Gebirgsjäger and Jäger insignia items for review  

HiGebirgsjäger and Jäger insignia items for review!
    The order on the introduction of jaeger insignia was approved on 10/2/1942.
    In paragraph "3" it is said: Equipping troops with signs is possible only gradually, as they are made. According to the requirement of supply routes.
    So, in the spring of 1943, not all Jägers could receive badges.

?

I always wondered why these BEVO variations were more expensive than the machine embroidered ones.

?

Thank-you Andreas!

Just to be clear the article states 2.10.42 (you state 10/2/1942) - assume that is the 2nd October 1942, i.e after the Jager Divisions were formed?

Regards, Paul

My mistake. You are absolutely right. The light infantry divisions were renamed Jä
    ger divisions on 6 July 1942, and the order to introduce insignia did not appear until October 1942.