Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Generals Luftwaffe visor and tunic Real or Not

Article about: Please can i have peoples opinions of this tunic and visor please. This is a named example and want to get other opinions on it as i have been stung a few times before. Any opinions or infor

?

Default Generals Luftwaffe visor and tunic Real or Not

Please can i have peoples opinions of this tunic and visor please. This is a named example and want to get other opinions on it as i have been stung a few times before. Any opinions or information would be greatly appreciated. Fingers and Toes it is a good one.
    Generals Luftwaffe visor and tunic Real or Not Generals Luftwaffe visor and tunic Real or NotGenerals Luftwaffe visor and tunic Real or NotGenerals Luftwaffe visor and tunic Real or NotGenerals Luftwaffe visor and tunic Real or NotGenerals Luftwaffe visor and tunic Real or NotGenerals Luftwaffe visor and tunic Real or NotGenerals Luftwaffe visor and tunic Real or NotGenerals Luftwaffe visor and tunic Real or Not

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Generals Luftwaffe visor and tunic Real or Not
    P
    Many

?

more photo's

Generals Luftwaffe visor and tunic Real or NotGenerals Luftwaffe visor and tunic Real or NotGenerals Luftwaffe visor and tunic Real or NotGenerals Luftwaffe visor and tunic Real or NotGenerals Luftwaffe visor and tunic Real or NotGenerals Luftwaffe visor and tunic Real or NotGenerals Luftwaffe visor and tunic Real or NotGenerals Luftwaffe visor and tunic Real or NotGenerals Luftwaffe visor and tunic Real or NotGenerals Luftwaffe visor and tunic Real or NotGenerals Luftwaffe visor and tunic Real or NotGenerals Luftwaffe visor and tunic Real or NotGenerals Luftwaffe visor and tunic Real or NotGenerals Luftwaffe visor and tunic Real or NotGenerals Luftwaffe visor and tunic Real or NotGenerals Luftwaffe visor and tunic Real or Not

?

This guy existed.

Alexander Holle - Wikipedia

I found two pictures of Holle. One picture shows a tunic with entirely different style. The other one below shows a tunic of similar style to the item in question. However, if you look at the shape of the collar, the size of it compared to the tabs, and the eagle on the cap, it does not seem to be the same uniform. As for those name tags, anyone could've put those there. Of course, him being a general he could've had more than two uniforms, but just my two cents.

-Joel
    Last edited by Blitzvogel; 08-10-2020 at 10:36 AM.

?

Ignoring the name would you say this uniform rings alarm bells regarding insignia or style of lapels?

I don't have much experience with these. However, the garment looks like it's period quality so it's probably original, but not sure about the insignia. The collar tab embroidery looks strange to me. The eagle seems too new and shiny. I've seen a few originals and they were all a darker shade due to aging. Maybe it's an original tunic that has been restored with fake insignia. But I'd wait for an expert to comment on this.

-Joel
    Last edited by Blitzvogel; 08-10-2020 at 02:42 PM.

?

ok thanks for the start. Do you know what other medals would have been awarded to this General? I see he had the Paratrooper badge but not sure how / when he was awarded them.

His Wikipedia page states that he was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and the Werhmacht long service medal in gold. A Geocities page states that he was also awarded the Iron Cross 2nd and 1st classes, and a Finnish freedom cross. In WW1 he was awarded both Iron Crosses and the Honour Cross. These pages do not mention a paratrooper badge.

The fact that the tunic looks nothing like the two tunics Holle can be seen wearing, the dubious insignia, and the mysterious paratrooper badge that he seemingly was not awarded, makes me feel this is probably not Holle's uniform.

Alexander Holle - Wikipedia
    Generalleutnant Alexander Holle

-Joel

This tunic and cap get absolutely canned over on the WAF...

Bob

I like the cellon insignia. But something is just not right.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast