Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German NCO uniform

Article about: Dear members, I would like your opinion about this NCO Jacket. I have some question's about the eagle, is it perhaps replaced?

Default German NCO uniform

Dear members,

I would like your opinion about this NCO Jacket.
    I have some question's about the eagle, is it perhaps replaced?
    German NCO uniform
    German NCO uniform
    German NCO uniform
    German NCO uniform
    German NCO uniform
    German NCO uniform
    German NCO uniform
    German NCO uniform
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German NCO uniform  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German NCO uniform
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

Yes, the eagle does not appear originally sewn.

There are also some other potential oddities.
    1. I'm not crazy on how the collar appears to be attached to the tunic. Can you show the entire back edge with the collar turned up?

2. Artificial silk Tresse on dark bluish green badge cloth shoulder straps. Possible to be an early pair of boards promoted with later Tresse but still something to examine more closely. Can you show a nice clear macro shot of the piping and button holes?

3. Possible captured inventory stamps? Clearer shots might shed more light.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

I have some concerns as well. Not to disrespect TWS comment, but i do not see an issue with how the collar is attached to the tunic, what I do have issue with is the material of the underside of the collar. Typically on M36 tunics, you will find moleskin fabric (a tight woven cotton) and on later made tunics, reed green Herring bone twill.

I do not like the shoulder boards. I believe at best, they are reproductions made with period material. The application of the piping seems sloppy, the button holes appear to be of the wrong style, and the tress looks to be the very common reproduction subdued type sold by every repop dealer on the market

The eagle is most definitely post-war sewn, but an original nonetheless

The tunic looks to be an original that was captured at some point and hastily restored by another collector in the past. Might be a good project for someone who knows what they are doing for the right price, however the sum of the parts are definitely not greater than the whole

TWS
    ?

Quote by Eagle mtn View Post
    I have some concerns as well. Not to disrespect TWS comment, but i do not see an issue with how the collar is attached to the tunic, what I do have issue with is the material of the underside of the collar. Typically on M36 tunics, you will find moleskin fabric (a tight woven cotton) and on later made tunics, reed green Herring bone twill.
    That's OK and I'm reserving final judgment on the collar if we can get photos that show more of it. However, from the one partial shot I have a concern and I could show you some collar undersides from my own collection, but don't have time at the moment.

Yeah, I don't like the shoulder straps either (boards are officer, straps for enlisted).
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

That stamp on the placket appears to be either a re-issue marking or perhaps a Soviet film wardrobe marking. What language is it? I agree the sum of the parts means this is cobbled together. OK for a beginner to have something to reference but not a higher end collectible. Neil

My two cents worth: the basic tunic may very well be original, but everything on it has been added. The sloppy hand-sewn tresse on the collar, the EK2 ribbon and definitely the national emblem.

I was beginning to think the same regarding the collar tress as well. In full honesty, the collar litzen look a little funny too. They don’t seem to be folded correctly.

A note to Laurens Jans. You seem to have a nice tunic, it just could be restored a bit better