Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German officers tunic?

Article about: Hi I'm afraid I'm new so I apologise if I'm doing anything wrong! I bought this tunic a while ago and wondered if anybody out there can tell me anything about it like how old it is or even i

Default German officers tunic?

Hi I'm afraid I'm new so I apologise if I'm doing anything wrong!
    I bought this tunic a while ago and wondered if anybody out there can tell me anything about it like how old it is or even is it genuine at all .Like I said I am new and I bought this from a reputable dealer but it's always nice to get some independent advice and opinions.Thank you in advance I hope someone can comment
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German officers tunic?   German officers tunic?  

German officers tunic?   German officers tunic?  

German officers tunic?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German officers tunic?
    P
    Many

Hello,
    It is a modified Reichsheer Rock or a privately purchased tunic patterned after the Reichsheer Rock.
    It is for an Oberleutnant der Artillerie. Looks like a nice piece of german uniform from these photos
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Hello,

I agree with J-P!! The tunic has what looks like a reseda green collar and a very early breast eagle. I believe that it is a Reichsheer rock used during the transition time. Made in Munich it could have very well belonged to a member or AR7 which came from Munich. Nice tunic!!

Fred

Thanks to J P and Fred for your replies I appreciate you taking the time to respond

Thanks for the info appreciate you taking the time to reply

- - ------- - -

Thanks for the info appreciate you taking the time to reply

Very nice tunic. The fabric looks of high quality. Congrats!!

If you want to dress that up with an aiguillette, you need an adjutant's cord, not a dress cord. That is a Reichsheer field jacket and not the dress version, which should have color piping in the front and at the cuff fold-ups.

Hi Nick what does an adjutants field cord look like the only images I can find are for ‘dress’ cords

Here you go "Adjutantenschnur"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German officers tunic?   German officers tunic?  

Fantastic. What makes it appear like a pre-war Bluse are several construction details. First, the scalloped rear, long slit and buttons on the back are indicative of an old style - sometimes called "Alter Art." The pleated and scalloped top pockets up front and angled lower pockets add to the period style, plus the high quality pebbled buttons. Under the right shoulder board you can see a horn button sewn in near the seam. This is where the cord Nick mentioned would be buttoned onto the Bluse. Super example. Now you may wish to finish it off with a pair of Reithose, officer belt and a snappy service Mütze! Maybe a sidearm too! NH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast