Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

GJ Officer M36 Tunic

Article about: This evening's war room activity consisted of completing my Heer M36 issue tunic that has been appropriated for wear in the field by a GJ officer. The insignia are of course hand period appl

TWS
    ?

Default GJ Officer M36 Tunic

This evening's war room activity consisted of completing my Heer M36 issue tunic that has been appropriated for wear in the field by a GJ officer. The insignia are of course hand period applied in line with the common practice of an officer converting an enlisted issue tunic - and the conversion was done in the field by the looks of it. The officer's breast eagle isn't even perfectly lined up with the button hole on the pocket flap! It looks even more out of line because this officer was fairly burly by the standards of the time (102 cm chest marking inside) and the torso form doesn't completely fill out the tunic. I would venture to say the officer himself and not the company tailor may have done the sewing, although they did properly convert the shoulder board bridles to narrow gauge for officer shoulder boards and not enlisted/NCO shoulder straps. The tunic and the insignia are all very well worn with matching wear to the tunic itself. Very credibly a garment worn at the front. The tunic was discovered sans shoulder boards and I'd been looking for an appropriate pair. Minty ones would not cut it as they would definitely not match the rest of the insignia nor the tunic. Luckily I knew just who to contact: Chris V. He not only had a pair of GJ Leutnant boards from GJ Regiment 99, but they had been period field converted to slip-ons and showed significant wear - perfect for the theme and condition of this tunic. The boards went on as if they originally belonged to the tunic. Once mounted, setting up the tunic for some quick photos was definitely in order. I hope you enjoy.

GJ Officer M36 TunicGJ Officer M36 TunicGJ Officer M36 TunicGJ Officer M36 TunicGJ Officer M36 TunicGJ Officer M36 TunicGJ Officer M36 TunicGJ Officer M36 TunicGJ Officer M36 Tunic
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement GJ Officer M36 Tunic
    P
    Many

Hello,
    Interesting example of converted Feldbluse, thanks for sharing with us...
    IMO your Panzermann must feel some cold from the Panzer floor...give him slippers ar least
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

TWS
    ?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    Interesting example of converted Feldbluse, thanks for sharing with us...
    IMO your Panzermann must feel some cold from the Panzer floor...give him slippers ar least
    Thanks
    Thanks!

The Panzermann is a damn hippy with no discipline and he insists on going barefoot all the time. I told him just wait until the Russian winter...
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Hello,
    OK i see what kind of guy he is....he should apply to become a crewman of Kelly's heroes tank
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)