Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Good Pioneer Oberfeldwebel tunic?

Article about: I got a surprise in the mailbox a few days ago: A very late stimulus check for \\$1,200. I just turned 18 for goodness sakes, what do I need stimulus for?? Anyways, I stashed most of it away t

Default Good Pioneer Oberfeldwebel tunic?

I got a surprise in the mailbox a few days ago: A very late stimulus check for $1,200. I just turned 18 for goodness sakes, what do I need stimulus for?? Anyways, I stashed most of it away to savings, and added the rest into my relic budget which is growing a bit fat and happy thanks to work I've taken on with a friend. I finally have enough money to by something nice, i.e my first Tunic, a decaled helmet, a feldmutzen cap, etc. As of now I'm just looking around, and not committing to anything.

I found this Oberfeldwebel (at least that's what the description says it is. I know nothing about uniforms other than the fact that I want one) Pioneers Tunic for sale on German Militaria Collectibles. So far my general opinion of the site is that there are some good things on there, but I also see some sketchy stuff on there. This however looks okay to me, but I'm a bit hesitant about the $1,450 price tag. It appears to be in good shape.

Good Pioneer Oberfeldwebel tunic?Good Pioneer Oberfeldwebel tunic?Good Pioneer Oberfeldwebel tunic?Good Pioneer Oberfeldwebel tunic?Good Pioneer Oberfeldwebel tunic?Good Pioneer Oberfeldwebel tunic?Good Pioneer Oberfeldwebel tunic?

On a side note, does anyone have a reputable American dealer in uniforms? I don't know if I need a new web browser or what, but I can't seem to find much online. Everybody has Officer and NCO uniforms, and all I want is an enlisted-mans beater of a tunic.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Good Pioneer Oberfeldwebel tunic?
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

From the available photos it looks fine. Would love to see a nice sharp closeup of the breast eagle, but tunic looks legit from what we have here.

It's a piped walking out, so a more rare form of tunic. Price is not unreasonable.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Quote by TWS View Post
    From the available photos it looks fine. Would love to see a nice sharp closeup of the breast eagle, but tunic looks legit from what we have here.

It's a piped walking out, so a more rare form of tunic. Price is not unreasonable.
    I thought so, but like I said, I know nothing. I'll probably ask for a better pic of the eagle. Like I said, I'm still just looking around at the moment.

It's a bit daunting, I learned the concept of working in exchange for those little green slips of paper with numbers on them only last year.

It is good to run these by our group. It looks fine but I would suggest thinking about a long range idea with the eventual intention to display your Bluse in context. The walking out uniform will require a visor cap, trousers, shoes, a belt and buckle and Seitengewehr (dress bayonet) to complete a display. That would pretty much complete it. However, if you want to create something with field equipment then consider a service uniform that you can outfit with field gear. Might be more enjoyable to put together. Neil

TWS
    ?

Quote by RustyRelics View Post

It's a bit daunting, I learned the concept of working in exchange for those little green slips of paper with numbers on them only last year.
    Currency is just a societal construct. Militaria is real! At least that is what I tell myself.

As a self-confessed addict to old wool, I'm happy to help. Have you determined what your tunic/uniform collecting objective is?
    Neil raises some great points.

Here's my Pionier Spieß piped walking out. It is, however, a converted former Waffenrock, but gives you an idea of one kitted out for display.

Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Man, the government stimulus down here was four $25 vouchers for meals & entertainment!! ( I would have preferred the cash )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by TWS View Post
    Currency is just a societal construct. Militaria is real! At least that is what I tell myself.

As a self-confessed addict to old wool, I'm happy to help. Have you determined what your tunic/uniform collecting objective is?
    Neil raises some great points.

Here's my Pionier Spieß piped walking out. It is, however, a converted former Waffenrock, but gives you an idea of one kitted out for display.

I suppose the biggest thing I would like is just a Heer or Luftwaffe enlisted mans tunic. It could be anything from an M36, To an M44.

What I'd really like is an M40 Privates Tunic, in so-so condition; been there, done that, but not horribly abused. I don't have a mannequin now, but down the line I'd like to have a mannequin to display the tunic and a helmet, as well as some field gear that I have yet to purchase. Officer and NCO tunics are nice, but I read memoirs written by your average Joe Blow soldier, and it's those guys I have the deepest respect for. ( A respect for fighting men, not always ideology depending on who we're talking about here. )