Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Heer 2nd pattern tropical service blouse, maker "H. Buckow" (F42)

Article about: I recently picked up a 1st pattern tropical feldbluse after a very long wait, and no sooner had I done so this popped up... Having a 3rd pattern already, a 2nd pattern would of course 'compl

?

Showing other transport straps. Note variations in the hue of transport straps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer 2nd pattern tropical service blouse, maker "H. Buckow" (F42)   Heer 2nd pattern tropical service blouse, maker "H. Buckow" (F42)  

Heer 2nd pattern tropical service blouse, maker "H. Buckow" (F42)   Heer 2nd pattern tropical service blouse, maker "H. Buckow" (F42)  

Heer 2nd pattern tropical service blouse, maker "H. Buckow" (F42)   Heer 2nd pattern tropical service blouse, maker "H. Buckow" (F42)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer 2nd pattern tropical service blouse, maker "H. Buckow" (F42)
    P
    Many

?

Last one of those.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer 2nd pattern tropical service blouse, maker "H. Buckow" (F42)  

?

With some friends...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer 2nd pattern tropical service blouse, maker "H. Buckow" (F42)   Heer 2nd pattern tropical service blouse, maker "H. Buckow" (F42)  

?

The similar (although 1st pattern type with the pleated pockets) tunic I owned from 1987 to 1996. It also had the less common heavy lining (i.e the same as the tunic itself) in place of the lighter and more typical flat cotton lining.

(***the eagle was a post-war replacement, the cuff-title was added etc, before I owned it, but the base tunic was original.)

Also, for interest, an Alfred Valet maker M40 tropical cap I owned at the same time, size 60, no sweatband with traces of a removed Lemon yellow Waffenfarbe soutache for the Signals branch, removed due to the July 1942 regulations when all caps were supposed to have their soutaches removed, although not all soldiers complied with the order. Wish I hadn't sold it...

Also for interest, some more pictures of the cap shown above in post #4 that I DO still have!

M40 Tropical 'DAK' cap for review - Mutzen-Fabrik Dressen, Rheydt (F 42)

Heer 2nd pattern tropical service blouse, maker "H. Buckow" (F42)  

?

The picture mentioned in post #1 for interest, showing the 3rd type tropical tunic (i.e plain unpleated pockets with plain pocket flaps without any point below the button) in wear in Tunisia in February 1943, the impication being that the 2nd type was already most likely well established there.

"soldiers of the German Wehrmacht with North African locals in Tunisia. The photo was taken in February 1943. Fotoarchiv für Zeitgeschichte - Date taken:16 February 1943"

Link to website:-

The Nazi propaganda picture shows soldiers of the German Wehrmacht with North African locals in Tunisia. The photo was taken in February 1943. Fotoarchiv fur Zeitgeschichte - NO WIRE SERVICE Stock Photo - Alamy

Best regards, Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer 2nd pattern tropical service blouse, maker "H. Buckow" (F42)  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2