Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Heer influence on Afghan army uniforms

Article about: Is there any vestige of German influence in the Afghan Military Uniforms below? There is a small white ribbon below the 1st button, I have seen German officers wearing a similar ribbon on th

Default Heer influence on Afghan army uniforms

Is there any vestige of German influence in the Afghan Military Uniforms below? There is a small white ribbon below the 1st button, I have seen German officers wearing a similar ribbon on their uniforms, But I don't know what wearing these ribbons signifies.

Is wearing ribbons below the 1st button like this originally a strictly german tradition, or did other European armies do the same?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer influence on Afghan army uniforms   Heer influence on Afghan army uniforms  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer influence on Afghan army uniforms
    P
    Many

There's certainly a resemblance. However, a lot of afghan military influence came form the British during their colonizing days

isn't the practice of wearing ribbons under the buttonholes on the uniform a strictly german tradition though?

As far as I am aware, yes. I’m sure there is someone out there who will prove me wrong though