Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Heer M36 tunic to an Oberfeldwebel, Inf.Rgt.423

Article about: Hello all, Further to my last thread (https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/heer-...-186-a-812656/) I am posting the second of my potential Heer EM/NCO tunics, this time for a combat/field display,

?

Default Heer M36 tunic to an Oberfeldwebel, Inf.Rgt.423

Hello all,

Further to my last thread (Heer M40 tunic to an Unteroffizier, Inf.Rgt.186) I am posting the second of my potential Heer EM/NCO tunics, this time for a combat/field display, with y-straps, ammo pouches, gas-mask etc. Granted this one looks quite clean, but it's certainly not as 'dressy' as the previous tunic, and so I think it fills a good middle ground between fancy and field-grade, if that makes sense.

Heer M36 tunic to an Oberfeldwebel, Inf.Rgt.423. Ribbons to the KVK2 and Ostmedaille. Maker marked 'Paul Opalla & Co.' Includes on NCO's whistle on a lanyard.

Thanking you all, again, in advance for your comments.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer M36 tunic to an Oberfeldwebel, Inf.Rgt.423
    P
    Many

Hello,
    It is a nice Feldbluse 1933 modified 1936 with at least one original regulation shoulderstrap (the other one is not shown).
    I'm not convinced about how the ribbons are sewn. The back of the collar in moleskin clearly shows that the previous Litzen, sewn directly to the collar, were removed and new ones with dark green woolen base were sewn slightly back on the collar to allow the NCO tresse to be sewn to the edge. Concerning the shoulderstrap that is visible, the numerals do not seat very well on the wool, i'm wondering if they're like this since the war or if someone pimped a bit an "anonymous" pair of shoulderstraps...
    For sure, these numerals can be easily added in order to give a "story" or to make more money (same for ribbons).
    Overall, that's a very decent example that IMO shouldn't be displayed with Y-straps, ammo pouches and Gasmask, but with pistol holster, mapcase, Gasmask, binos case and binos at the neck...but that's me i guess, not everyone sees the same thing when artefacts are shown (but it would be more accurate with a regulation whistle in the pocket).
    Any display you might think to do must take place after 1942 as the Feldbluse bears the Ostmedaille ribbon...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

That's a huge help JPhilip, thanks as always!

Regarding some of the issues you raised: the tunic is advertised as having the collar litzen replaced 'upon promotion', so the traces of the older pattern are expected. The other shoulder-strap looked identical so I didn't post photos, but have below just for clarity's sake. As for the ribbons, I think I could live with them being added later, as long as they were genuine ribbons.

I can see such a senior NCO display looking better with pistol holster, binoculars etc., for sure. Things like the binos and map-case are relatively easy to come by from what I understand. I already have this belt and buckle here: Heer field belt and buckle (H. Arld. Nuernberg 1937) Would this suit for such a display? And with a DD M35 helmet? Or perhaps an M40 side-cap?

Left shoulder strap:

Your Belt and buckle will certainly work with this set

?

Quick update: I managed to win this at auction. So my NCO field display now at least has a core to work around. Now need to find holster, map case, binoculars and case...

?

Many congratulations.