Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer M42 feldbluse - H43 stamped (Lightly worn)

Article about: Hi, I wouldn't normally buy a tunic with restored insignia (partially in this case, just the eagle), but this one ticked a few boxes for me. I like the M42 pattern as for me it combines the

?

Default Heer M42 feldbluse - H43 stamped (Lightly worn)

Hi, I wouldn't normally buy a tunic with restored insignia (partially in this case, just the eagle), but this one ticked a few boxes for me. I like the M42 pattern as for me it combines the 'no nonsense' late war look with a pattern that saw longer service. Borg and Huart's Feldbluse book states that the M42 was first seen (at the front line) at Kursk in July 1943.

The collar litzen are factory applied, as are the mid-late war type 'einheitsfarbe' (dark) blue buttons. It has excellent clear stamps, something I always prefer to see if possible and finally it has that combination of excellent condition with having been worn. The neatly tailored slightly lengthened sleeves I think indicate that this was an issued and worn item, albeit most likely briefly. The fact that it was worn adds to the possibility that the award loops are period.

The H43 stamp is for acceptance at the Hannover Depot in 1943, and the RB number 0/0450/0270 is for an actual Hannover (0450) manufacturer, but the 'Hersteller' number (0270) is not known to me, please let me know if anyone recognises it!

I have Mike Davis at the Virtual Grenadier to thank for this, excellent service and communication (and super fast shipping) as usual!

The original text (in case the link disappears in the future) and the current link:-

https://virtualgrenadier.com/sale_item.php?iid=5913

"Lightly worn Heer EM M42 service blouse, example is partially restored with a replacement national emblem, original factory eagle had been applied sewn through the lining, its appropriate subdued postwar replacement is zig zag machine sewn, also through the lining, the subdued collar litzen have the original factory zig zag (typo) stitching, example is provisioned for wear with slip on shoulder straps but none are included, item exhibits the features of a textbook production M42 service blouse, constructed of mid war quality field grey wool, lined in grey colored rayon, stamped in black ink with RBNr and below that wist size stampings and H43 depot in purple ink, with hook and eye at the collar, having a six button front closure and four patch pockets with scalloped pocket flaps, with four internal webbed belt hook support straps, collar liner, bandage pocket and cuff buttons are black plastic and all are still in place, the blue painted pebbled steel buttons all match, have most of their paint and are originally sewn, each sleeve was lengthened and the alterations were very well-executed via machine sewing, there are two sets of loops for badges, a ribbon bar was applied above the pocket at some point, although service worn, piece is just lightly soiled and aged with just a few slight abraded areas to the wool, nap is very strong."

The eagle has been reapplied where the original was (that was also sewn through the lining, and was likely, looking at the holes also zig-zag sewn like other tunics I have noted with Hannover Depot stamps).

Here is another example of a 1943 dated M42 tunic with eagle sewn through the lining, also 'floating' (slightly) above the pocket:-

Heer M42 tunic. F 43 Depot marked. Combat worn.

I have noted other M42 tunics with Hannover Depot stamps, the ones I could find (online) with originally applied eagles were all zig-zag stitched.

The eagle is 'floating' slightly above the pocket but it seems so was the original. Eagles that 'sit' on the pocket (or are tucked slightly under, where the pocket was applied last) are much more common from what I can see from period pictures. However, I have noted a significant minority where they sit slightly above or even higher.

Some examples of this can be seen in Borg & Huart's excellent 'Feldbluse' book, both on a surviving example of an M43 tunic, and on several period pictures in that book.

Had this still had it's originally applied eagle I would have considered this (IMHO) a very exceptional example, but even without it there is enough history for me to get my teeth into!

I will add the Virtual Grenadier pictures in case the above link disappears over time, and then a few of my own.

Regards, Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer M42 feldbluse - H43 stamped (Lightly worn)   Heer M42 feldbluse - H43 stamped (Lightly worn)  

Heer M42 feldbluse - H43 stamped (Lightly worn)   Heer M42 feldbluse - H43 stamped (Lightly worn)  

Heer M42 feldbluse - H43 stamped (Lightly worn)   Heer M42 feldbluse - H43 stamped (Lightly worn)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer M42 feldbluse - H43 stamped (Lightly worn)
    P
    Many

?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer M42 feldbluse - H43 stamped (Lightly worn)   Heer M42 feldbluse - H43 stamped (Lightly worn)  

?

Heer M42 feldbluse - H43 stamped (Lightly worn)  

?

Some of my own pictures with different shoulderstraps (it didn't come with any) and awards.

I think everything else in the pictures (M43 cap, awards etc) have been reviewed so there are more pictures on my other threads!

Best regards, Paul

?

I think it looks great. Nice buy.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello,
    Nevermind the replaced Hoheitsabzeichen, this is a great example of Feldbluse 1933 modified 1942.
    Nice setups with your bust. The only thing if you want to portray a german soldier on the battlefield, don't use slip on (unit loops) on the shoulderstraps as they were not allowed in the area of operations. They could be worn only at the rear and only within units or formations placed in the general reserve. Good job...
    Thanks
    Last edited by JPhilip; 08-14-2019 at 02:26 PM.

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

That's a beauty !! Really nice
    D.

TWS
    ?

Excellent example! I saw it on Mike's site as I peruse his wares from time to time although it's dangerous to the wallet.

"M42" tunics are relatively scarce and while I've had other collectors tell me they are ugly I happen to like them.

A reapplied eagle is not the end of the world IMO. So many were removed after the capitulation, that it's a common find. I have bought tunics with reapplied eagles due to their prevalence and also especially when I was younger and did not have the financial means to always insist on a tunic with 100% originally applied insignia (the breast eagle being usually the only caveat I would allow).

By coincidence, I recently posted the Nachlass of a soldier who served in Infanterie (later Grenadier) Regiment 313.

It's a nice tunic. Congrats and enjoy!
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

Thank-you all for taking a look!

Thanks also for the Slides information Jean-Philippe, that's useful to know. I don't collect equipment and always think of my mannequins as portraying soldiers around the barracks or on leave etc so hopefully the slides are OK to show in that context.

Todd - I saw that amazing (Senft brothers) group of yours but missed the reference to the 313th (337th Inf Div) Regiment.

Four brothers named Senft

At some point I will post a thread about that Regiment (relating to the 313 slip-ons I have) as I picked up a Regimental history for them "Geschichte des Grenadier Regiments 313 - 1939-45" from Fallschirmjaeger Books in Germany. They still have a copy in stock if you wanted one:-

Geschichte des Grenadier-Regiments 313 1939-1945

It seems that only around 200 men of the Regiment escaped the events of July 1944 (the Soviet Offensive Operation Bagration). They ended up in East Prussia and were absorbed into the 299th Infantry Division, perhaps your man was one of them, or he was wounded earlier and evacuated prior to the offensive? Later the Regiment was reformed as part of the 337th Volksgrenadier Divsion but with barely any of the original soldiers, only a couple of Officers I think?

Best regards, Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer M42 feldbluse - H43 stamped (Lightly worn)  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast