Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer Tropical Tunic

Article about: Hello all, I stumbled across this Heer Tropical Tunic that really caught my eye. All 4 German tunics I have are wool examples so this is a little foreign to me but I really like the look of

Default Heer Tropical Tunic

Hello all, I stumbled across this Heer Tropical Tunic that really caught my eye. All 4 German tunics I have are wool examples so this is a little foreign to me but I really like the look of this tunic! From an untrained eye it looks okay to me besides the slight staining at the bottom of the tunic. Any and all opinions or information is appreciated and welcome as usual!

Heer Tropical TunicHeer Tropical TunicHeer Tropical TunicHeer Tropical TunicHeer Tropical TunicHeer Tropical TunicHeer Tropical Tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Tropical Tunic
    P
    Many

?

Looks good to me CH... though I cannot make a call on the insignia from the images provided (though it looks promising).

I’m sure you know, it’s the third type which saw relatively limited service in Africa, but widespread service in other tropical regions, such as The Mediterranean front, Southern Russia, the Baltic front, &c. Incidentally, I have a similar one, fitted with Jaeger insignia, with a slightly more moleskinny finish.

A nice addition, with an Italian front mannequin set-up... and the lanyard is a nice touch.

All the best,
    Bob

Thanks for the reply! I'm hoping I can get it as I would love a long term project to get this made into a nice Mediterranean setup

I am fairly certain the NCO straps are fake, and they don't even match the EM configuration jacket without the collar Tresse, so it's best to buy matching repro EM straps. Real ones, even EM will cost nearly a $1000, so you should be aware of what you are getting into.

?

For an Italian/Mediterranean setup, and indeed, even for North Africa, there is no real need for matching tropical epaulettes and I certainly wouldn’t bother with anything repro. Standard, original wool versions (of whichever branch you choose) will be just fine, CH.
    Granted, any such epaulettes you choose to fit would need to be of enlisted/gefreiter rank, without tresse. My apologies for not spotting the mismatch in my earlier post.
    All the best mate,
    Bob

Thank y'all for the helpful replies (I need to learn my German ranks)! Everything else besides the shoulder straps look ok? The tunic itself and breast insignia look ok to me but I've never dabbled in tropical items so am yet to do my homework on them haha

The liner is missing the belt hook straps see attached photo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Tropical Tunic   Heer Tropical Tunic  

Heres the best picture of the breast insignia I can get. Look original? Eagle's neck/head looks a little abnormal but maybe I'm mistaken?

Heer Tropical Tunic

?

The Adler appears fine to me and correctly applied (though I cannot be 100% certain without seeing the reverse,of course). These were routinely fixed in position, with a line of machine-stitching, along the top edge. The insignia would then be folded down and machine or hand finished around the remaining edges, often by home-workers.
    From what I can see, it appears your tunic was never fitted with the belt support hook straps, as no trace of stitching is clearly visible (in the photographs). This may, of course, only be an issue with my ageing eyesight!
    I think you made a good choice and this tunic will look cracking on a half- or full mannequin, with a nice mix of temperate and tropical equipment, for a Mediterranean display.
    Well done mate!
    Bob

Quote by Kohima View Post
    The Adler appears fine to me and correctly applied (though I cannot be 100% certain without seeing the reverse,of course). These were routinely fixed in position, with a line of machine-stitching, along the top edge. The insignia would then be folded down and machine or hand finished around the remaining edges, often by home-workers.
    From what I can see, it appears your tunic was never fitted with the belt support hook straps, as no trace of stitching is clearly visible (in the photographs). This may, of course, only be an issue with my ageing eyesight!
    I think you made a good choice and this tunic will look cracking on a half- or full mannequin, with a nice mix of temperate and tropical equipment, for a Mediterranean display.
    Well done mate!
    Bob
    Thank you! I’ve been hoping to find some period photographs of German soldiers in the Mediterranean but all I’ve found so far is from Africa. I’m not quite sure what type of pants and other field gear I’ll try to purchase for this setup but I’m hoping I’ll be able to find more soon!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast