Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help with a German uniform

Article about: I just got this uniform the day it has been used on two tv shows called allo allo and colditz i was told this was left over war stock when the Germans left France but in the 1960s Angles of

Quote by Fred Green View Post
    Hello,

Absolute Junk! Fake insignia on some humped up tunic. Story is probably fake too. I seriously doubt a film company would use the put together in a movie. Buy the item not the story.

Fred
    For comparison, here is my film studio tunic made by 'Berman & Nathans' of London. For me, the French made tunic is much more accurate than my example. It is worth noting that film studios only tacked on the insignia so that they could be removed quickly and changed to something different.

Cheers,
    Steve

Help with a German uniformHelp with a German uniformHelp with a German uniformHelp with a German uniform

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with a German uniform
    P
    Many

Hello,

The eagle on your film studio uniform is considered original by many collectors. The boards don't look too bad from this view either. There is a difference between tacking on a piece of insignia and being unable to sew. The collar tabs on the tunic that started this thread were put on by a novice.

Fred

?

Default Swedish Tunic

I think what you have there is a Swedish wool tunic that somebody removed the buttons and other Swedish insignia off of, and then added the German (mostly if not all repro) insignia onto; the fabric for the slip-on shoulder boards is also too wide. The trousers I have no experience with so cannot confirm they are also Swedish but that is likely.

This thread: 1943 Swedish Tunic and others on WRF show examples of Swedish tunics and one can see the similarities in them and the one posted in this thread, including the cut, fabric color and the distinctive way the top chest pockets flare out a bit at the bottom (something I have never seen in a German WWII Heer tunic).

I believe the Paris tailor labels are not original to the tunic or trousers, either (although they could have been there for a long time). If interested in checking the tunic further, have a look inside for the ink stamp of 3 Swedish crowns on the liner (inside the back). If present then you know for certain it is Swedish. If covered-up by something else or part of the liner is missing where the Swedish crowns stamp should have been then that is a sign of deception, although sometimes such things change hands and the new owner is unaware of an earlier scheme perpetrated by someone else.

And without very solid provenance I would be hesitant to believe that a particular piece was in fact screen used in a TV show or a movie. But that is certainly up to you in determining and if you are happy with it, this is all that matters in the end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2