Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hermann Goring panzer collar tabs

Article about: I just found this set of collar tabs at the flea market. would like to hear your opinions on them . i checked with a black light they looked ok.

?

Default Hermann Goring panzer collar tabs

I just found this set of collar tabs at the flea market. would like to hear your opinions on them . i checked with a black light they looked ok.Hermann Goring panzer collar tabsHermann Goring panzer collar tabs

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hermann Goring panzer collar tabs
    P
    Many

?

Skull look like repros to me, and the material looks odd IMHO these are repros

?

I do not like the skulls either.

The black light has not been considered a reliable source of indicating fakes for many years. The fakers long ago learned how to take the glow out of the cloth they use. I also do not like the look of these tabs.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hi Bob, in summary - actually, German industrial dies have been in many cases synthetic since the 19th century and are authentic and it is not indicative of a 'fake' to experience fluorescence in period textiles. I have a PDF of a good technical article I can send you if you PM me your e-mail. This technique is a collector/dealer myth.

Quote by asterperious View Post
    Hi Bob, in summary - actually, German industrial dies have been in many cases synthetic since the 19th century and are authentic and it is not indicative of a 'fake' to experience fluorescence in period textiles. I have a PDF of a good technical article I can send you if you PM me your e-mail. This technique is a collector/dealer myth.
    I am aware that synthetics have been made since the era. However, they were not widely in use at the time. The glow effect is not a collector myth but factual. I have seen it's appearance on fake material. One must study material used and overall workmanship to determine originality.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

From the pics I don't like anything about these, material isn't right, skulls are bad etc. Matt

I'm afraid I have to agree with our esteem colleagues they are fake imo as for the black light test. Never trust just one thing. Just because it flows doesn't make it fake. If it's been in contact with a modern cleaner that q will cause it to glow. As Bob will tell you. Handling real ones and studying construction methods is always the right way to go. The Black light test is more accurate on paper items ....... know your subject area