Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hollywood in the 50s-70s.

Article about: I know for a fact that contemporary WW2 movies use vintage productions LLC and repo companies for consultation and supplying films with uniforms and equipment... But what about movies from 5

This cap came from Bavaria Filmkunst. They had a long history and must have had a ton of WWII material. I purchased this sad little cap and had the insignia restored.

Hollywood in the 50s-70s.Hollywood in the 50s-70s.Hollywood in the 50s-70s.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hollywood in the 50s-70s.
    P
    Many

Now that is cool!!!

Dang, I should have titles this thread as WW2 movie props haha!

Do you happen to know what movies this prop was in? This is very sweet!

Another favorite movie of mine was dirty dozen. Loved it since the 80s when my dad showed it to me on laserdisc lol!

No clue on what films it may have been in. It was a little abused runt and needed some TLC. NH

Quote by rusted180 View Post
    Now that is cool! I would love to have major hellstrom's allgemeine uniform from inglorious bastards! Now that character was sinister!!
    There was more than one version of anthropoid? One I saw was the most recent one. Are there like different cuts of it?
    Yes, there are atleast 2 other predecessors, maybe 3. Seems like every 20 years there is a refresh version. There are many movies about Operation Anthropoid but the latest one is an exact copy of the preceding ones I have seen. And they are all just as enjoyable. War movies are about the only movies I'll go to the theatre for nowadays. Sadly, most new movies are basic and don't seem interesting enough for me to spend $15 on. My wife did make me see that sex traffic movie recently though. It was ok.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Yes, there are atleast 2 other predecessors, maybe 3. Seems like every 20 years there is a refresh version. There are many movies about Operation Anthropoid but the latest one is an exact copy of the preceding ones I have seen. And they are all just as enjoyable. War movies are about the only movies I'll go to the theatre for nowadays. Sadly, most new movies are basic and don't seem interesting enough for me to spend $15 on. My wife did make me see that sex traffic movie recently though. It was ok.

Lol! Yeah my wife made me watch that movie too! I definitely liked it. Wasn't an Oscar movie but I definitely love the Christian theme to it! It does show the depravity of man!

Wow.. I didn't know there were more movies of anthroid! Well.. this new one was awesome! The actor that plays Heydrich looks just like him! Hahahah crazy!

Btw... Did the gestapo really behead the kid's mom and show it to him during the interrogations??
    That was crazy ! Jeez!!

Please take your time and watch this from beginning to end!
    Much, much more exciting than the movie itself !!!!

The film lasts about 75 minutes, but it's worth watching to the end.

Lots of original recordings included, also interviews by contemporary witnesses which give a "guess" of the brutality of the fighting! ...

Also the meticulousness with which attention was paid to equipping the actors in this movie with uniforms and equipment as "real" "as possible" hardly leaves a dry eye!

The film set designers paid attention to details that are (unfortunately) totally and absolutely lost in the movie...

Hard pictures included! ...

"FURY", BEHIND THE SCENES
    "FURY" Behind The Scenes - YouTube

Quote by rusted180 View Post
    Lol! Yeah my wife made me watch that movie too! I definitely liked it. Wasn't an Oscar movie but I definitely love the Christian theme to it! It does show the depravity of man!

Wow.. I didn't know there were more movies of anthroid! Well.. this new one was awesome! The actor that plays Heydrich looks just like him! Hahahah crazy!

Btw... Did the gestapo really behead the kid's mom and show it to him during the interrogations??
    That was crazy ! Jeez!!
    I don't doubt the beheading is real. They did murder 6 million people! Part of the fascination with the TR, for me, is how brutal they were and how loyal they were.

Reibert, I'll give it a watch. Also saw Fury in the theatre. I liked it even though the main battle seemed unrealistic.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Hey Robert!

Thanks ka for the links. I did come across that video on YouTube but never bothered to watch it considering I was looking for Joachim peiper videos and about his military career. But since you recommend it, I'll def give it a watch tonight!

Greenhorn... Yeah... You make a point hahahahhaha!!! I knew the Nazis would torture and all that... But dang cutting off someone's mother's head and showing it to them... Jeez.. sounds like a Narco/ Mexican Mafia thing to do...

Don't wanna sound naive but yeah! The einsatzgrupoen and sd did kill/murder women and children! Oh yeah.. let's not forget about the mass killings of Jews... History is crazy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2