Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

ID of Uniforms

Article about: Hi All, came across a family photo in our belongings and just wondering what class/rank they all are. Cant make out the shoulder patches which makes it harder The man in the middle also has

Aus
    ?

Default ID of Uniforms

Hi All, came across a family photo in our belongings and just wondering what class/rank they all are. Cant make out the shoulder patches which makes it harder

The man in the middle also has the ribbon, which we were told was an Iron Cross Second Class, but we dont know for sure

Any help would be greatly appreciated

ID of Uniforms

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ID of Uniforms
    P
    Many

On the Left it looks like you have Zollwachtmeister (Customs) with a nice bergmutze and what looks to be maybe a nice reissued Austrian tunic with curved rounded breast pockets. Middle a Gefreiter, the dark piping on the cap possibly for a transport or medical. Silver wound badge, a very dark ribbon almost looks like a WW1 EK ribbon, however that may be the photos exposure. On the right a standard Schütze or rifleman.

Morris

Aus
    ?

Thankyou mate, the one on the left stumped me as I hadn't looked into the Border Control line of uniforms. That collar badge really threw me

In the middle, the man is too young to have served in world war 1, so would have to be an EK II ribbon then?

Quote by Aus View Post
    Thankyou mate, the one on the left stumped me as I hadn't looked into the Border Control line of uniforms. That collar badge really threw me

In the middle, the man is too young to have served in world war 1, so would have to be an EK II ribbon then?
    I would assume it is the exposure and hue making it darker, It would be the likely option to be a EK II of 1939.
    Last edited by KMMorris; 02-01-2021 at 03:16 AM.