Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

KM Coastal Artillery Officers Breast Eagle.

Article about: Hi Chaps, Does anyone know the difference between a KM Coastal Artillery Officers breast eagle & an Heer Generals as they are both gold on dark green or field grey? Cheers, Richard.

Default KM Coastal Artillery Officers Breast Eagle.

Hi Chaps,

Does anyone know the difference between a KM Coastal Artillery Officers breast eagle & an Heer Generals as they are both gold on dark green or field grey?

Cheers,

Richard.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KM Coastal Artillery Officers Breast Eagle.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: KM Coastal Artillery Officers Breast Eagle.

Hello Richard,

A couple of things to look for are the level of the top of the adler head. On the KM patch, it should be slightly higher than the top of the wings whereas on the Heer General's patch it should be around the same level as the wings, but has nice fine embroidery. Also, the KM adler is slightly slimmer overall when compared to the Heer General's adler...possibly due to poor naval rations! (just kidding)

Hope that this helps, maybe somebody will post some pics soon anyway.

Regards,

Carl

Hi Carl, thanks for the quick reply & the great info. I've been after a KM one for a while and wasn't sure the difference. I also wondered if sellers would know. This one looks like a KM to me Army General's Breast Eagle What do you think? Cheers, Richard.

?

Quote by DUJAILAH View Post
    Hi Carl, thanks for the quick reply & the great info. I've been after a KM one for a while and wasn't sure the difference. I also wondered if sellers would know. This one looks like a KM to me Army General's Breast Eagle What do you think? Cheers, Richard.
    You're welcome Richard. I had a (very) brief glance at that patch offered and the embroidery seems the same as the Heer General's breast eagle examples that I have seen. The attached photograph here shows the KM artillery breast patch.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KM Coastal Artillery Officers Breast Eagle.  

Hi Carl, I see what you mean now, cheers, Richard.

Example in the link looks KM to me. The other example is the bevo woven type and is completely different. The bullion embroidered types are usually called Heer generals when for sale, as they can charge a higher price, IMO. Attached a picture of a KM bullion eagle from my collection, not coastal art, but it shows the shape of the KM eagle.

Regards,

Jerry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KM Coastal Artillery Officers Breast Eagle.  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Just viewed that link again and I noticed that whilst the embroidery is similar to a Heer eagle, the head is quite high, ie same height as a KM. So, as Jerry says above, likely a KM eagle that somebody is trying to get a bit more for.

Regards,

Carl

Thanks Chaps, I did wonder if KM's would be sold as Generals. I suppose it's an easy mistake to make though, Cheers, Richard.
    Last edited by DUJAILAH; 09-23-2011 at 11:44 PM.