Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine Gefreiter parade jacket

Article about: Just received this from Hamburg today. Was curious as to what the number in the collar area is? I used the photos from the site until I can take some.

Default Kriegsmarine Gefreiter parade jacket

Just received this from Hamburg today. Was curious as to what the number in the collar area is?Kriegsmarine Gefreiter parade jacketKriegsmarine Gefreiter parade jacketKriegsmarine Gefreiter parade jacketKriegsmarine Gefreiter parade jacketKriegsmarine Gefreiter parade jacketKriegsmarine Gefreiter parade jacketKriegsmarine Gefreiter parade jacketKriegsmarine Gefreiter parade jacket

I used the photos from the site until I can take some.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Gefreiter parade jacket
    P
    Many

Nice jacket, I think these a truly underrated amongst collectors. Mounted on a tailors bust with a white shirt, collar, neck tie and Tellermuetze these look great.

The letters/numbers represent the following:

- N = Nordsee (North Sea) which would have bee the area to which the owner was assigned. Had it been a O, it would have stood for Ostsee (Baltic).
    - The 4 digit number is the owners service number and would have been unique to him.
    - The final letter, which could have been a T or an S represents the individuals role, in this case T = Technical, such as an engineer. S would have denoted simply a seaman.
    - The number 38 under the number represents the year in which the individual enlisted.

Hope that helps.

Ed

Thanks! I appreciate the response. Im guessing that there is no way to search the service number?

Someone else may be able to provide s better answer, but from my knowledge on this the Germans are very cagey about providing details to anyone other than the next of kin.

Have a very similar jacket as yours for an Unteroffizier, and I've tried with no luck whatsoever.

Regards

Eddie