Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine Tropical Tunic Help

Article about: Is this tunic genuine? I have noticed there are only 2 non-scalloped pockets on this tunic, which made me skeptical. Thanks.

?

Default Kriegsmarine Tropical Tunic Help

Kriegsmarine Tropical Tunic Help
    Kriegsmarine Tropical Tunic HelpKriegsmarine Tropical Tunic HelpKriegsmarine Tropical Tunic Help

Is this tunic genuine? I have noticed there are only 2 non-scalloped pockets on this tunic, which made me skeptical.
    Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Tropical Tunic Help
    P
    Many

Hello,
    Does this tunic has any other markings than the big 52 seen here ?
    it is not tropical in my eyes, but rather a sloppy tunic patterned after the oatmeal Drillichrock 33.
    I mean everything is there, but some stitchings and buttonholes are rather crudely made.
    The material is also quite strange, even if in terms of Drillichrocke i've seen almost everything.
    There should not be an eagle sewn on this tunic, it was not allowed by the rules (but it has been done).
    If i remember well, only the collar tresse for NCOs and sleeve rank patches for EMs were allowed.
    If 52 is a size, it would be a problem as this was not the type of size markings in the Wehrmacht (if it's a date as well !)
    Maybe the number of the roll of cloth used...
    The Hoheitsabzeichen for the Kriegsmarine is ok.

So, not tropical and what leads me to think that it could be privately tailored is the fact that as far as oatmeal Drillichrocke 33 are concerned, i've never seen one that was out of the norm, same material, same final product, same everytting except markings and conditions. All variations i've seen started with the Drillichrock 42, patterned after the Feldbluse 33 modified 42, pockets with no pleats but still scalloped flaps. This type of oatmeal work/fatigue tunics were replaced by Feldgrau examples in 1940, but once again some can be seen on photographs later in the war (and pants even more). So, thinking that some were perhaps locally made in second or third lines units is not stupid.
    Maybe it's a well known production for the Kriegsmarine that i don't know...perhaps one of our members will know better than me !?
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

It's far too questionable for me...You could definitely find something better out there to spend your money on, Friend...