Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking to purchase original infantry waffenrock - things to look for/things to avoid?

Article about: Hi everyone, I'm after a German ww2 infantry waffenrock to add to my collection. Obviously, it has to be original WW2 and I'm prepared to pay the price (average I've seen is around \\$1200 aud

Default Looking to purchase original infantry waffenrock - things to look for/things to avoid?

Hi everyone,

I'm after a German ww2 infantry waffenrock to add to my collection. Obviously, it has to be original WW2 and I'm prepared to pay the price (average I've seen is around $1200 aud). If I were to get one, it would be the most expensive piece in my collection, therefore my biggest fear is accidentally buying a dud.

Can the experts please tell me things to look for and things to stay away from? I'm guessing it's best to buy from a dealer or a serious collector of uniforms?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking to purchase original infantry waffenrock - things to look for/things to avoid?
    P
    Many

Hi, first thing to mention is that these are now being made as reproductions so make sure you do your research. Second positive point is that most originals are usually in nice/mint condition so getting a good one is not as difficult as say with combat tunics. I would buy one off another collector rather than a dealer as a personal preference but that said the dealers usually will drop their price as these are harder to shift than other items. Hope that helps.
    cheers
    Tony

Will definitely be doing my research! A person is selling an infantry NCO waffenrock in good condition locally, apparently all original. They're a collector and have heaps of German uniforms, so I doubt it would be a dud. Such a pity there's so many fakes out there to watch out for.

I can only suggest that you request some good, clear, photos of anything you are interested in, and post them here for opinions before you agree to send any payment.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

TWS
    ?

Post good clear photos here. I have a number of Waffenrocks in my collection and will gladly take a look and let you know what I think.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

This is the one I mentioned in the last post. Seller is a serious collector. This one has no markings inside apart from 'Z441'. Just wanting a second opinion on this one to make sure it's all original - Like I said originally, this will be the biggest purchase in my collection, therefore I want to make sure everything is legitimate & original. Thank you!

Looking to purchase original infantry waffenrock - things to look for/things to avoid?

Looks fine.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I really like it
    Looks nice and original to me.
    Wait for Todd (TWS) to give his opinion on it.. he knows his way around these rocks

nice ! looks a good one, minty as they come. cheers Tony

Original, it's a lot of money to make this in 2019!
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast