Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luft Sanitäts or Nachschub?

Article about: Hello everyone! Just posting these to dog for opinions. Are these seldom seen nachschub or just lighter-blue-than-usual medical?

Default Luft Sanitäts or Nachschub?

Hello everyone!

Just posting these to dog for opinions. Are these seldom seen nachschub or just lighter-blue-than-usual medical?

Luft Sanitäts or Nachschub?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luft Sanitäts or Nachschub?
    P
    Many

?

The Luftwaffe did not use a specific colour for their Nachschub units, who merely wore the kragenspiegel waffenfarbe of their parent arm.
    That said, the pale blue-grey of the Army Nachschub was latterly employed on Luftwaffe Schulterklappen (I have a pair), when the field divisions were transferred to army command; with some existing Luftwaffe colours used to imitate army branch colours.

This example appears to be a Kriegsmarine tab with schwingen applied (note elongated and narrow shape, unlike the shorter and wider Luftwaffe type).

Kohima, thanks for the info. Too bad someone poked holes in it. I imagine KM collar tabs are a bit harder to find

?

These are my FD Nachschub Schulterklappen, adopted in line with Army waffenfarbe tables, when the Luftwaffe field divisions came under army command. By this time, many (perhaps most) LW Field Division personnel had ceased to wear their large and very visible collar patches (even where they did align with army colours, such as artillery), though these shoulder straps may have been worn in conjunction with the original branch collar patches or the Jägergrün patches that were (theoretically) made standard, assuming supplies were available.
    (The second photograph is included here to show they are, in fact, a dark grey-blue, when seen with a selection of widely varying shades of Luftwaffe insignia).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luft Sanitäts or Nachschub?   Luft Sanitäts or Nachschub?  

Those are truly some awesome shoulder straps Kohima. Thank you for sharing. I hope I can find a pair some day. To that note though, are there any confirmed original collar tabs in the light blue-grey?

MAP
    ?

A thread like this really goes to show that the strength of this forum is built on it's members.

Very informative post.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

There are no confirmed light blue-grey collar patches, to my knowledge, as the supply units of all branches wore their associated parent colour, and continued to do so until the war’s end - with the notable exception of the Field Divisions, of course.

When those formations transferred to Heer command, they were allocated the army supply waffenfarbe (under LV43 No.127, c.September 1943), to be worn as piping to the Schulterklappen and to the Jägergrün Kragenspiegeln.
    I have never encountered Jägergrün collar patches with this particular branch colour piping, but I would certainly love to get my mitts on a pair!

Many thanks for all your kind words, Gentlemen.
    All the very best,
    Rob

Quote by Kohima View Post
    There are no confirmed light blue-grey collar patches, to my knowledge, as the supply units of all branches wore their associated parent colour, and continued to do so until the war’s end - with the notable exception of the Field Divisions, of course.
    It almost as if they accidentally made it easier on themselves haha. Thank you for the assistance