Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe 1st model cap badge

Article about: Hereby my newest addition : 1st model cap badge . If possible i would like to know more details about this. The maker of this one is known to me (Asmann 1938 i believe ), but I would like to

?

Default Luftwaffe 1st model cap badge

Hereby my newest addition : 1st model cap badge .
    If possible i would like to know more details about this. The maker of this one is known to me (Asmann 1938 i believe ), but I would like to have a little more detailed information. Can this maker be verified? Is this an original badge ? I've searched a lot of forums and even threads on this forum and i did found some identical badges but can't seem to find anything related to production dates. From when to when were these models of this maker produced and from when did the production processes change , Because I have come across many different types of materials used and finishes.
    Kind regards
    Raf
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe 1st model cap badge   Luftwaffe 1st model cap badge  

Luftwaffe 1st model cap badge   Luftwaffe 1st model cap badge  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe 1st model cap badge
    P
    Many

?

Looks like an original 1st Pattern (also known as Droop-tails) Assmann to me. These were produced between 1934-1936/7 i believe and were then replaced by the 2nd pattern eagles. Your eagle has a solid back which is not too commonly seen but they exist.

Here's a thread of an eagle that matches yours Luftwaffe cap badge

Regards, Tobias

?

The one in this thread does look the same indeed . Do you know by chance why they changed the production from a solid back to the other type ? And why not so commonly seen ? I am sorry for al these questions but i am very much interested in the history that is behind certain objects . Trying to gather these details is also a part for me personally when collecting items.
    Regards
    Raf

?

No shame in asking alot of questions, we're all eager to learn! To answer your question: I'm not sure to be honest with you. Alot of makers produced both solid and hollow backs, you often see it with medals and badges. Badges produced by the same maker with a solid or hollow back, just variations i guess or just to save production time. I'm no expert yet so i might be totally wrong so it's better to wait for the more experienced collectors.

Just my observations!

Regards, Tobias

These solid backed Assmann cap badges hit the market a little while back, you could buy them in lots, all with their
    cardboard sales backing ... sadly they are fakes, there is a thread somewhere on the WAF about them, I don't recall
    where now though, but I would pass on the one that started this thread.

Here is another one, with the cardboard backing, sadly it too is a fake...

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe 1st model cap badge   Luftwaffe 1st model cap badge  

Luftwaffe 1st model cap badge   Luftwaffe 1st model cap badge  

?

Ok thank you for your comment .
    I will try too see if i can get some more info on the WAF.
    So if i understand , none of these solid backed assmann cap badges are real ?
    Where they never made or are the real badges different ?
    Regards
    Raf