Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Flak Tunic

Article about: Tunic is strange. Quick impressions at a glance: 1. Color seems off but it could be the less that stellar photos. 2. Pocket flaps on factory Luftwaffe EM/NCO tunics were cut straight across

?

Default Luftwaffe Flak Tunic

Luftwaffe Flak TunicLuftwaffe Flak TunicLuftwaffe Flak TunicLuftwaffe Flak Tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Flak Tunic
    P
    Many

?

Luftwaffe Flak Tunic

?

Luftwaffe Flak Tunic

?

Can anyone help me figure out if this is real?

I dont know about the tunic, but does the helmet belong to it? If its a set you should maybe post the helmet seperatly.

TWS
    ?

Tunic is strange. Quick impressions at a glance:

1. Color seems off but it could be the less that stellar photos.
    2. Pocket flaps on factory Luftwaffe EM/NCO tunics were cut straight across and not scalloped like a Heer tunic. In the rare instance I've seen scalloped pocket flaps on a Luftwaffe tunic it was private purchase, but even most private purchase had straight pocket flaps.
    3. Strange stamps inside that are not period Luftwaffe.
    4. Strange belt hooks. Could be customized by the soldier, but don't appear credible.
    5. Mix of shiny shoulder strap buttons with subdued front buttons.

That's just at a quick glance without asking/waiting for nicer photos and carefully examining insignia etc. Already one I wouldn't buy. Too many weird things going on.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

I don't like it at all.

That bogus SS stamp tells it all.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Not an expert but it looks like a reworked Swiss tunic from the color just with buttons changed, buttons exposed on pockets and collar tailored. Pretty common for reenactors to do this with Swiss and Swedish tunics. Also I think I’ve seen the “Ex” stamp on surplus Swiss items.

I had seen that "Ex" stamp before, but could not recall where? I think you are correct.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

TWS
    ?

The next time someone complains about us old grumpy guys complaining about new guys, I give you this thread as a prime example for our reasons.
    A new member posts up asking for help and we took time to study his photos and comment. I took a good bit of time to gather my impressions and type them all out.

And then... nothing. Imx2 hasn't even logged on since the day he started this thread. Why ask us to spend time evaluating and giving advice when you don't even check what we said? A thanks for those who gave input would be nice too, but he even wasted his own time because it's been 16-17 days and he hasn't checked to see what feedback his post generated.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."