Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe General Breast Eagle

Article about: Hi guys, could I get your opinions on this Luftwaffe General Breast Eagle. It certainly has a nice look to it and the construction is great. I just shared it over on WAF and it got one bad r

Default Luftwaffe General Breast Eagle

Hi guys, could I get your opinions on this Luftwaffe General Breast Eagle. It certainly has a nice look to it and the construction is great. I just shared it over on WAF and it got one bad review. I've had this one for about 6 years but never questioned its authenticity.

Thanks so much!
    -John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe General Breast Eagle   Luftwaffe General Breast Eagle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe General Breast Eagle
    P
    Many

It doesn't fill me with confidence John, there is not the level of fine high quality detail that I would expect to see on a genuine
    Luftwaffe General's breast eagle...

Bob

Quote by Bob Lyons View Post
    It doesn't fill me with confidence John, there is not the level of fine high quality detail that I would expect to see on a genuine
    Luftwaffe General's breast eagle...

Bob
    Thank you Bob! I got this eagle back at the 2015 Show of Shows from Walter Dudgeon. I never really questioned it until now. I've tried searching for other Generals eagles but I haven't found much. I did see a couple similar eagles on eMedals but that doesn't mean anything.

I saw your other thread over on the WAF and noted that Gene was not a fan of it, but I also see another collector has said that he likes it.

Does it have an Unterlagen that you can see? Bottom line is that you have to be happy with it at the end of the day, Gene knows his Luftwaffe
    stuff very well, but we all have to make the decision to buy or to pass.... good luck with your decision !

Cheers

Bob

I certainly appreciate Gene's opinion, I know he knows his stuff! This is why I hate bullion items & its why I have never ventured into collecting some certain bullion patches (officer SS sleeve eagles etc...). Bullion repro's are almost getting to a point where us collectors can no longer tell what's good from bad.

I tried taking some better photos under a magnifying glass, these were the best I could come up with. It does look like there's some sort of unterlagen but it doesn't appear to be cardboard. Thanks for the reply Bob, I appreciate your comments!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe General Breast Eagle   Luftwaffe General Breast Eagle  

Luftwaffe General Breast Eagle   Luftwaffe General Breast Eagle  

Luftwaffe General Breast Eagle   Luftwaffe General Breast Eagle  

Luftwaffe General Breast Eagle