Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe HBT Tunic

Article about: Hello all, I'm thinking about purchasing this Luftwaffe HBT Tunic but would like some additional opinions on it. I've never studied or collected HBT's but I really like the look of this one

Default Luftwaffe HBT Tunic

Hello all, I'm thinking about purchasing this Luftwaffe HBT Tunic but would like some additional opinions on it. I've never studied or collected HBT's but I really like the look of this one despite it having some staining and wear. It looks like an honest tunic to me but as usual additional opinions are always welcomed and appreciated!

Luftwaffe HBT TunicLuftwaffe HBT TunicLuftwaffe HBT TunicLuftwaffe HBT TunicLuftwaffe HBT TunicLuftwaffe HBT TunicLuftwaffe HBT Tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe HBT Tunic
    P
    Many

?

Very nice... , but my main concern is that this appears to be an Army model, dressed as Luftwaffe (that said, I’m away from home at the mo and unable to double check)!

The (nicely) replaced Adler does, however, suggest the presence of a Luftwaffe model...

Shouldn’t have started this... need to check!

All the best,
    Bob

....Yes and collar tabs are never on hbt tunics.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

You can never say ‘always and never’, Lebus.
    Rarely, but there is period photographic evidence for it.

I’ve changed my original post, as I’m thinking the cuffs are not of the Luftwaffe model (a faux, split French cuff, rather than the Heer straight split).

Bob

Thank y'all for the replies! So is this a Heer model HBT with Luftwaffe insignia added? I really haven't done enough research into these HBT's as the 4 tunics I have are all wool examples; however, I really do like the look of these HBTs

And perhaps a dumb question but would the collar tabs and shoulder boards indicate that this was for a fleiger or signals? I think signals was an orange or darker yellow if I'm not mistaken but I am trying to mull over this tunic still as it goes up for auction in about 48 hours

MAP
    ?

The tabs are Flight/Para

IMHO, while we never say never, I think these tabs and boards were "added" and shouldn't be there
    Last edited by MAP; 08-25-2018 at 02:04 PM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    The tabs are Flight/Para

IMHO, while we never say never, I think these were tabs and boards were "added" and shouldn't be there
    After looking at some other Luftwaffe HBT’s I would assume these were added too; any idea if the breast insignia is original to the tunic? The few other Luftwaffe HBT’s I’ve seen looked different than this one but again I know very little about HBT’s and have just started to dabble in researching/collecting them

A lot of issues with this HBT i would not want it in my collection

TWS
    ?

Agree with the others. Base tunic is original but the insignia have issues.

I have seen a 100% untouched LW Field Division HBT tunic with collar tabs (green) but it also had the LW style cuffs. While Heer style certainly were used by the LW, I'd get a text book one for my first if I were you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast