Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Laufbahnabzeichen L G

Article about: I`ve read that these were used by a "Training Squadron". Not sure if that is accurate or not?! Can this be attributed to Lehrgeschwader 1 (LG 1) (Training Wing 1) formerly Lehrgesc

Default Luftwaffe Laufbahnabzeichen L G

I`ve read that these were used by a "Training Squadron". Not sure if that is accurate or not?! Can this be attributed to Lehrgeschwader 1 (LG 1) (Training Wing 1) formerly Lehrgeschwader Greifswald?! Hope someone can give an opinion on this patch.
    Stig
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Laufbahnabzeichen L G   Luftwaffe Laufbahnabzeichen L G  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Laufbahnabzeichen L G
    P
    Many

This is about the only reference I have on the insignia ... from Volume 2 of the Bender/Angolia series of the 'Uniforms
    & Traditions of the Luftwaffe' page 150.

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Laufbahnabzeichen L G   Luftwaffe Laufbahnabzeichen L G  

This is the cover of Volume 2....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Laufbahnabzeichen L G  

Here is my example... (excuse the other patches)..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Laufbahnabzeichen L G  

?

It is unlikely that this has anything to do with the Lehr Geschwader. Such insignia, with triangular borders, tend to indicate a civilian organisation within military service.
    As Bob says, unknown at this time, but similar to the GL type (in reversed colours), for General-Luftzeugmeister - a stores-related role.

I found this description on the Canadian 'Collector's Guild website...

CIVILIAN TECHNICIAN OF THE CHIEF OF SUPPLY & PROCUREMENT SERVICE BREAST BADGE.
    (Generalluftzeugmeister Industrie Abzeichen)
    The Luftwaffe pattern national eagle was originally introduced for wear by Fliegerschaft, (Pilot Base), personnel of the DLV, Deutscher Luftsportsverband, (German Air Sports Association),
    the clandestine, civilian, forerunner of the Luftwaffe on August 18TH 1934 and was officially adopted for wear by all Luftwaffe personnel on March 1ST 1935. The original first pattern national eagle was utilized until a, slightly modified, second pattern national eagle was introduced in late 1936 or early 1937. Regulations dictated that the national eagle was to be worn on almost all headgear and on the right breast of almost all uniforms with a few minor exceptions. Prior to the war the RLM, Reichsluftfahrtministerium, (National Aviation Ministry), had a sub-section originally designated Luftzeugamt, (Aviation Ordnance/Supply Office), that was responsible for all technical aspects and supply of the Luftwaffe. In June 1936 Hermann Göring appointed Ernst Udet as Director of the Technical Department of the National Aviation Ministry and in February 1939 Udet was elevated to the position of Generalluftzeugmeister und Amtschef des Lufttechnisches im RLM,
    (General Aviation Ordnance/Supply Master and Department Chief of Technical Aviation in the National Aviation Ministry). Although uniformed personnel serving with the Generalluftzeugamt were classed as civilians, regulations of May 27TH 1941 introduced distinctive insignia including specific breast and cap insignia.

And the images from their website also...

So perhaps along the same lines as the thread starter....

Thanx, Gentlemen. I had a feeling my assumption was kinda far fetched!
    Stig