Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

luftwaffe leather flight jacket ?????

Article about: luftwaffe hauptmann's leather flight jacket.i think this is a private purchase jacket.i have had this for some time now..metal zipper to the front marked zipp" zippers to pockets marked

Default luftwaffe leather flight jacket ?????

luftwaffe hauptmann's leather flight jacket.i think this is a private purchase jacket.i have had this for some time now..metal zipper to the front marked zipp" zippers to pockets marked "ries".do you think this is a good one i had someone in a shop look at it and he thinks it is good.but what do you all think.thanks..
    Last edited by oldthings; 09-21-2017 at 12:52 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement luftwaffe leather flight jacket ?????
    P
    Many

Well it might be. The leather is old and I like the slim cut and I could believe 1940's, but is it pre or post 1945? One clue could be the main zipper, which is the German brand "Zipp". They were a pre-1945 manufacturer, and likely were fitted to pilot's leather jackets. Have a look on the reverse side of the zipper to see if there is a DRP mark.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Well it might be. The leather is old and I like the slim cut and I could believe 1940's, but is it pre or post 1945? One clue could be the main zipper, which is the German brand "Zipp". They were a pre-1945 manufacturer, and likely were fitted to pilot's leather jackets. Have a look on the reverse side of the zipper to see if there is a DRP mark.
    It looks to have a 4 on the back of it but my eyes are not the best.

What you probably need to do is research the maker Neusa Fabrikat and try and find when that label dates from. Pilots used private purchase leather jackets, that is well established from wartime photos.

will get some nice photos up.
    Last edited by oldthings; 09-21-2017 at 12:54 AM.

Quote by oldthings View Post
    i am thinking of salling this.as i am looking at geting some SS things.what do you think is a good price to put on it..
    We do not allow the buying and selling of items on the regular forum.
    If you wish to sell, you will have to decide a price and post it in the Classifieds if you wish.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    We do not allow the buying and selling of items on the regular forum.
    If you wish to sell, you will have to decide a price and post it in the Classifieds if you wish.
    Ralph.
    ok sorry about that i was just seein how much to sell it for. as i have someone in my home town keen on it.i was not going to put in for sale on here.