MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Marksman Shooting Lanyard: Prong Question

Article about: Looking to add to my lanyard collection. This would be my first Luftwaffe version. Found an Abe thread mentioning several makers of the shields. What caught my eye is the style prong. From w

Default Luftwaffe Marksman Shooting Lanyard: Prong Question

Looking to add to my lanyard collection. This would be my first Luftwaffe version.

Found an Ade thread mentioning several makers of the shields. What caught my eye is the style prong. From what I can find, the prongs most shown on the web are of a yellow brass color and are rounded. This lanyard is definitely messed with. Looking at the prong style, they are flat w/ angle cuts. Other inspected areas appear original. Chime in with observations please. Any concerns about authenticity are welcomed. Always appreciative for the helpful words shared. Thank you.

Cheers,
    -Von Ritt
    Luftwaffe Marksman Shooting Lanyard: Prong QuestionLuftwaffe Marksman Shooting Lanyard: Prong QuestionLuftwaffe Marksman Shooting Lanyard: Prong QuestionLuftwaffe Marksman Shooting Lanyard: Prong Question

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Marksman Shooting Lanyard: Prong Question
    P
    Many

?

I haven't seen this type of eagle before, it resembles a Deumer but it's not a 100% match. Plus even if it was, the prongs do not resemble a Deumer. But then agian as the war progressed maybe other styles were used, i don't know.

Here is an original Deumer for comparison.
    Luftwaffe Marksman Shooting Lanyard: Prong QuestionLuftwaffe Marksman Shooting Lanyard: Prong Question

I'm not 100% sure about this piece so it's better to wait for the others to chime in but i'm not to fond of it.

Just my observations

Regards, Tobias!

At the very least, the badge was added after the wool patch was sewn on.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Here is one I have, but the cloth backing covers its prongs...

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Marksman Shooting Lanyard: Prong Question   Luftwaffe Marksman Shooting Lanyard: Prong Question  

Luftwaffe Marksman Shooting Lanyard: Prong Question  

The regs...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Marksman Shooting Lanyard: Prong Question   Luftwaffe Marksman Shooting Lanyard: Prong Question  

Luftwaffe Marksman Shooting Lanyard: Prong Question   Luftwaffe Marksman Shooting Lanyard: Prong Question  

Photo...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Marksman Shooting Lanyard: Prong Question