Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Sport Shirt Eagle and Deutsche Wehrmacht Armband: Condition too good to be authentic?

Article about: Hi, all. I saw these two pieces recently, both from the same seller. Both pieces appear (in the pictures I had emailed to me and in-person) to be in very good condition, but I am wondering i

Exclamation Luftwaffe Sport Shirt Eagle and Deutsche Wehrmacht Armband: Condition too good to be authentic?

Hi, all. I saw these two pieces recently, both from the same seller. Both pieces appear (in the pictures I had emailed to me and in-person) to be in very good condition, but I am wondering if it's "too good." I actually think the sport shirt eagle might be okay... It's soft and appears to be well-stitched, but is just very new-looking. The armband I am not so sure about. In person it seemed a bit starchy and very new. I'm also not sure if the yellow color should be just a hair darker or if it's just not as dark as some of the aged ones I have compared it to. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
    Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe Sport Shirt Eagle and Deutsche Wehrmacht Armband: Condition too good to be authentic?  Luftwaffe Sport Shirt Eagle and Deutsche Wehrmacht Armband: Condition too good to be authentic?  Luftwaffe Sport Shirt Eagle and Deutsche Wehrmacht Armband: Condition too good to be authentic?  Luftwaffe Sport Shirt Eagle and Deutsche Wehrmacht Armband: Condition too good to be authentic? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Sport Shirt Eagle and Deutsche Wehrmacht Armband: Condition too good to be authentic?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe Sport Shirt Eagle and Deutsche Wehrmacht Armband: Condition too good to be authentic?

Hi Adam, if you ever have any doubts about an item, it is always best to walk away from the deal. If you buy them, something will always bug you about them in the future.

"New" looking items are not always fake. But even these should display very subtle signs of age.

The armband might be good, but these are not rare so get one you are happy with. The photo makes it look very bright.

The sports vest eagle looks fine. Here is my example, but it is not maker marked. Brought home by a Royal Navy Veteran.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Sport Shirt Eagle and Deutsche Wehrmacht Armband: Condition too good to be authentic?