Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Standard Bearer Patch

Article about: Recently I bought my first collection and this was among many other things, could someone be so kind and give me more information about this patch please? Thank you!

Default Luftwaffe Standard Bearer Patch

Recently I bought my first collection and this was among many other things, could someone be so kind and give me more information about this patch please?

Luftwaffe Standard Bearer PatchLuftwaffe Standard Bearer PatchLuftwaffe Standard Bearer PatchLuftwaffe Standard Bearer PatchLuftwaffe Standard Bearer PatchLuftwaffe Standard Bearer PatchLuftwaffe Standard Bearer Patch

Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Standard Bearer Patch
    P
    Many

Looks like a lovely example of a Luftwaffe Standard bearer's sleeve patch, and worn by the colour party NCO who was charged
    with carrying the Luftwaffe 4 X 4 Flak standard. (he was generally always flanked by two officers also in the colour party)

The sleeve patch was only worn by the NCO. Officers didn't wear the patch.

Very nice looking patch, and I have put some of your photos around the right way...

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Standard Bearer Patch   Luftwaffe Standard Bearer Patch  

Luftwaffe Standard Bearer Patch   Luftwaffe Standard Bearer Patch  

Here are a couple more Flak examples, one was with Helmut Weitze in Germany, the other was up for grabs with
    "History Hunter Auctions" in the US a little while back. (Craig Gottlieb).

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Standard Bearer Patch   Luftwaffe Standard Bearer Patch  

Here is a flight example that I have in my collection....

Bob

Being worn....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Standard Bearer Patch  

and a bit more... (Flak standard is a photo from the internet, it doesn't belong to me).

Bob

I do have a flight 4 X 4 standard though, and the detail on these standards is superb

Hope the photos assist.

Cheers

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Standard Bearer Patch  

Bob,

Your patch looks beautifull, how did you got yours? And then the standard, it's amazing! Would like to know the story of this also.

Thank you for all the extra information, it's really kind of you.

I also found a U-boat clasp among the stuff I bought, can I post pictures here or do I have to start a new topic?

?

Really interesting thread.
    Thanks to both members for posting.
    I haven't seen before, the quality scale ,from common Luftwaffe trade patches to a banner or a dagger.
    Thanks for showing the great insignia.

Hi Fwiesel, I bought my patch from Bill Shea in the US, the standard was from Europe.

Re your U-Boat clasp, probably best to post it up on the badges page of the forum. You should get more responses there.

Best wishes from Australia,

Cheers

Bob