Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe tropical 4 pocket tunic for a Gefreiter

Article about: After several fruitless attempts to obtain a nice tropical Luftwaffe tunic, I have finally had some success courtesy of Herr Weitze & Co., in Germany, and have just landed this rather ni

could the patch also been engineer/radio operator/gunner?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe tropical 4 pocket tunic for a Gefreiter
    P
    Many

Different shapes Rich, and the flight engineer patch was worn on the sleeve. Radio Op/Air Gunner patch was more circular, but was worn
    in that area...

Bob

Always learning something new!

?

As it stands, the stitch holes are clear evidence of what was once there, and to cover it would hide that evidence. However, we have no idea exactly when it was fitted, of course.
    Its removal has left a very visible trace, which is (perhaps) a little unfortunate if displayed ‘as is’.
    I think I would restore a FJ badge to the tunic, too.
    Your minty padded badge has never been sewn, so it’s a shame to punch a needle through it, but I don’t imagine you want to spend the ridiculous money on another, used example!
    If you’re careful, you can just stitch through the cloth and avoid damaging the paper backing...

With a belt and buckle on it the patch is hidden anyway... and the tunic arrived here yesterday,
    some photos I took after the delivery man had left, and I had the tunic set up...

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe tropical 4 pocket tunic for a Gefreiter   Luftwaffe tropical 4 pocket tunic for a Gefreiter  

Luftwaffe tropical 4 pocket tunic for a Gefreiter   Luftwaffe tropical 4 pocket tunic for a Gefreiter  

Luftwaffe tropical 4 pocket tunic for a Gefreiter   Luftwaffe tropical 4 pocket tunic for a Gefreiter  

More...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe tropical 4 pocket tunic for a Gefreiter   Luftwaffe tropical 4 pocket tunic for a Gefreiter  

When the belt is sitting on the belt ramps it looks to be positioned too high, so I lowered the belt and pouches,
    and just for looks, added a summer white top visor cap too.

I like the pith helmet better, but the visor does look good...

Bob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2